Chapter 2

Kamaria

"I'm not your bae." I stated, slightly offended.

"My bad but I've never seen you around. Are you a dance girl or flag girl for the band?" he asked.

I scoffed as I walked away, clearly done with this conversation, but little did I know that Omari would only continue to pursue me as I did.

"I'm sorry did I offend you? I just took a wild guess."

"I want to check this out." I informed the older lady at the desk, acting oblivious to the fact that Omari was right behind me and speaking to me.

I turned around to face him after checking out my book.

"Next time, ask someone before you assume. Just a little advice for the future." I suggested.

"Okay so-" Before he could even finish his sentence, I was making an exit to the door. I despised stereotypes. I came to the conclusion that Omari stereotyped me as uppity and prissy just because I have a pretty face.

Omari

"Okay, I'm guessing until next time." I said while looking at Kamaria as she walked away. I opened the door to see her opening the door to her car. I know who Kamaria is; her brother is my boy. I've seen her around, I've just never said anything to her. I just want to connect with her. She seemed to be a tough cookie, but I wouldn't feel quite like myself if I didn't accept the challenge. Something drew me to her and I was going to find out what it was.

Kamaria

"Hey baby, you're home." my mama said as I closed the door behind myself.

"Yea, dropped by the library for a little while." I said, plopping down on the couch next to her.

"You got homework?" she asked as she grabbed her bottle of Lipton peach iced tea from the countertop.

I leaned against the counter saying, "Yea, basically. I mean I have research to do."

"When you get done, wash these dishes in here." she said walking out of the kitchen.
Dvmn I just got here. I thought to myself. "Yes, ma'am." I called after her. I grabbed my bag from the floor and went into my room.

Omari

"Alright, boys. Lets wrap it up!!" Coach Ridley said as we ran in to stretch and close out practice. "Omari, I'm riding with you right?"
Maceon asked, stretching his legs.

"Yea, I got you." I said getting up from the ground.

"Man, I'm tired as hell." he mumbled getting into the passenger seat of my car.

"Tell me 'bout it." I said while turning the music up in my car.

I nodded my head to Stick Talk x Future.

"What you doing later, bruh?" Maceon asked, still looking down at his phone.

I shrugged, pulling on a small section of my hair.

"Might go to Kameron's kick back." I said thinking about the message that I received from him right before practice, telling me about it.

"Yea, I might roll through too." he said.