Chapter 7

Omari

"So what are you going to do?" Maceon asked, referring to my 'friendly date' with Kamaria.

"I think ima set up a movie night in the living room. You know? We just gone kick it and watch movies." I replied.

"Omari, I want some juice." Ohaun pouted.

"Okay, I'll get yo' juice in a second." I said to please him, if only for a moment.

He smiled and walked out of my room.

"But anyway, bru-" I was interrupted by my mom's voice.

"Omari!" Maceon chuckled, while listening on as well.

"You betta go see what my baby want." he laughed some more.

"Why you still here in the first pla-"

I was interrupted by my mom before I could say another word.

"Come here!" I heard her yell after a few seconds.

I hopped up from my laid out position on my bed.

"Ma'am?" I questioned walking halfway into her bedroom.

"I'm going to your aunt's house to help her move in. I need you to watch Ohaun for me." she said, turning her attention from her mirror to me.

"Can a friend come over?" I asked leaning on her dresser.

"Yes, but if it is that Hazel girl, my answer is hel-"

"It's not Hazel, mama. I'm talking about someone else. Her name's Kamaria." I said, beating her to the punch.

"Okay, as long as she carries herself as a young lady. I done told you about these fast little girls." she stated getting louder with the last few words.

"She's not fast." I said crossing my arms.

"Well, yea, she can come over." she approved.

I walked back down the hall to the kitchen. I grabbed a juice box out of the refrigerator and sat it on the counter.

"Ohaun, yo' juice on the counter!" I walked back to my room, flopping down on my bed.

Kamaria

I walked into the house after helping my mom at her shop for just about the whole morning. I tiredly climbed up the staircase, dreading each time I exalted. As I walked down the hall towards my room, I heard noises. My face filled with disgust once I realized what it was, moans.

I tiptoed quickly to my room to free myself of this awkward situation. I knew they were talking, but dang. I thought to myself.

I grabbed my things for a quick shower and started my journey to the bathroom.

4:45

I stared at myself in the mirror as I did minor critiques on my hair, clothes, stuff like that.

I smoothed out my rosebud patterned Stussy sweatshirt as I did a three-sixty turn in the mirror.

I sat down to slip on my flu game 12's. I wonder where he's taking me.

I thought about the possibility of us just chilling together. I had different questions that ran through my brain. Is he a gentleman? Will this hang out thing be the start of something?

My thoughts were interrupted as my brother barged into my room.

"Where you going?" He plopped down onto my bed and picked up my remote.

"Out with a friend." I stated simply, applying some pure red matte lipstick onto my lips.

Before he could speak, I spoke again. "And you shouldn't do that in the house. Mama could pop up at anytime."

I really shouldn't have to keep saying this, but with him being a dummy, it's inevitable.

Kameron stood in the doorway of the bathroom as I clasped my rose gold pendant around my neck.

"Are you gonna tell me who this dude is?" He asked. I looked at him through the mirror.

I was debating on if I should tell him that I was going to chill with Omari.

"None of your business." I simply stated, deciding against it. I'll let him know when I want him to know.

"Alright, be that way, be secretive."

This nigga tried it. "Umm, correct me if I'm wrong, but we're you not the one who was having sex with one of my best friends behind my back?"

He smacked his teeth. "Nah, don't do that! That's different."

He said as he crossed his arms.

I am not about to have this conversation with him. He could never admit when he was wrong, ever.

"Whatever." I was getting no where talking to him. Just then, the doorbell rung.

I walked past him as he still stood in the doorway of my room.

Omari

I waited patiently at her doorstep after ringing the doorbell. A few seconds later, I hear locks click.

"Hey" she said as she held the door open with a slight smile.

"Hey" I responded, staring down at her. I couldn't help but to take in her outfit and her makeup free face. She was so beautiful.

My thoughts were interrupted as she cleared her throat and fixed her light brown eyes on mine and smiled awkwardly. She caught me.

"Umm,you ready to go?" I asked gesturing to my car.

"Oh umm, yea I'm ready." she said walking past me.

She gave me a warm smile as I opened the door for her. "Thanks"

"You're welcome."

I closed the passenger door and jogged to my side of the car. First dates are the best dates.

Vote, Comment, Share✌

And forgive me for mistakes!!