Chapter 9

Kamaria

I walked down the hallway, clutching my homework filled notebook tightly. I made it to my locker. Due to being accustomed to the combination, it took me no time to open it.

I traded one notebook for the other and closed my locker. I turn to my right and who do I see? Low and behold, Mr. Omari Henderson.

"Hey, beautiful." he said showing off his eyes that had the power to make any teenage girl's knees buckle and give way.

"Hey, Omari."

I said with a half smile. I walked past him only for to follow not so far behind.

"So you gone walk me to class?" he asked, draping his arm around my shoulder.

"If anything, it looks like you're walking me to class." I answered looking up to him.

"Fair enough."

We walked a while in silence, despite the noisy hall. As we walked down the hall, I noticed the looks we were getting, some of envy and some of shock.

"Umm, I think you should take your arm from around me. People are talking." I said touching his hand that was hanging from my shoulder.

He tightened his grasp on me and said, "And? You care too much about what other people say. Just go with it."

He let me enter Ms. Beck's class first. I could feel him staring at my body, but decided against saying anything about it.

Two Hours Later

"When do y'all start practicing?" Omari asked. Once again, his arm settled on my shoulder. "Probably two weeks from now, not really sure."
I replied, taking some fries from my stack and eating them.

He nodded. "So when is y'all nex-" I was cut off by the arrival of my brother and Jaz as they say down across from us. As usual, they were arguing.

"I don't care what you say! I know what I saw!" Jaz yelled, facing Kameron with her arms folded.

"Man, whatever. We'll talk about this later." he retaliated, waving her off.

"Okay, hey to y'all too." I slightly chuckled, accompanied by the laugh of Omari.

"What's up, y'all?" he acknowledged us as he put his arm around Jaz only for her to shrug him off. I laughed at the two.

"No hugging here, bih." I whispered to Omari.

We both laughed in unison. "What y'all over there laughing about?" Jazlone asked while looking at the both of us and taking one of my fries.

"Nothing." we said simultaneously with shrugs.

She looked at us suspiciously before saying, "Mmhm, y'all looking like a real couple over there," she started, "more than we do actually." she finished, giving Kameron the evil eye.

"Aye, O, you talked to ya pops about that party?" Kameron changed the subject, avoiding Jaz's gaze.

"Nah, man. I still haven't talked to him 'bout it. I'm thinking 'bout not throwing it." Omari shrugged as he ran his fingers through my hair.

Kameron nodded as he whispered something in Jaz's ear, causing her to smirk. I just shook my head at the two.

"I gotta go to my locker. I'll see y'all later." I said, sliding out of the booth.

I made it to my locker, grabbing my bag out. I turned around to walk away only to be pinned between my locker and someone's body. I looked up to see Omari looking down at me.

"How you gone leave me in there with them?" He asked, referring to Kameron and Jaz.

"I didn't tell you to stay." I stated simply looking up to him.

"You getting smart with me?" he questioned.

"No, just stating facts." I said, pushing him on the chest, but he didn't move.

Mmhm was all he said before he slowly started to move into my personal space. Is he about to kiss me?

The space between us gradually became scarce, and our lips finally met. I closed my eyes, getting caught in the moment. I had to admit that he was a good kisser. I slowly put my hands on each side of his face, pulling him closer. After a few more seconds, he pulled away and stared into my eyes. I slightly blushed.

"Umm, I- I gotta go." I stuttered, pulling my bag onto my shoulder and walking around him to no exact destination. I just needed to go, and quickly.

I felt him stare after me as I made my way down the hall. I have a feeling that this just wouldn't work; a girl like me and a guy like him never works.
There was one more thing that I couldn't believe. I just had my first kiss.

Vote, comment, and share.
I'm only human, so forgive any mistakes!!😄😘✌