Chapter 3

Kamaria

I silently stood in the corner on my phone and watched as people basically dry humped in the middle of the room. I looked down at my phone, checking the time, 11:09. I scrolled through my ig account, looking at posts.

"Get off ya phone and come dance with me." I heard a voice say. I looked up to see Omari staring down at me with those impelling emerald green eyes and I mentally rolled mine.

"And why should I do that?" I asked, shifting my weight to my right leg. "Because I want to dance with you and we can get to know each other a little better." he said stepping closer to me. I slightly stepped back.

"I don't dance to this type of music." I said, referring to Ying Yang Twins x Say I yi yi, which was playing through the beats pill.

He nodded walking over to this dude who was sitting down. He nodded at whatever Omari said, and Omari came back smirking.

"Well, do you dance to this?" he asked as Dru Hill x Beauty came on. I playfully rolled my eyes. I didn't say a word; I just grabbed his arm, pulling him towards the crowd of people dancing. "You're really pushing it." I said, resting my hands on his shoulders, considering I couldn't wrap my arms around his neck because of his height.

"I am? Oh, I didn't know." He smirked and I obligingly returned it. I still don't like him though.

I looked around the room as everyone slow danced.

Jazlone

"Kam, we can't keep doing this." I stated as I pulled up my jeans.

"What we gon' do then, Jaz? You claim that we can't be together because of my sister, who probably doesn't even care in the first place." he said while putting his shirt back on.

"You have to accept that I don't feel comfortable with dating my friend's brother." I said, buckling my belt back up.

He lightly chuckled. "But you feel comfortable with fvcking his brains out?" he asked sarcastically.

I remained silent, unable to give him a logical response. After a few seconds, he left out of the room and back into the room where the kick back was taking place. It's not that I don't want to be with Kameron. It's that if we don't work out, he would still have to be in my life. And at the end of the day, I don't want to end up hating him or vice versa. Call me complicated, but that's what I'm feeling.

I stood up from the bed, running my fingers through my hair. Just when I'm about to walk out of the room, Yasmin busts her nosey ass into the room. This girl. I thought to myself.

"Jaz, what happened? I just passed Kameron and he looks pissed as hell!"

"He's just in his feelings. Don't worry about it." I lied while I walked out of the suite with Yasmin not too far behind. I could feel her staring at me as if to say "You're full of sh*t." No one knew of me and Kameron's exotic pleasantries and I wanted to keep it that way.
If I told Yasmin, she would tell Kamaria; and then what?

Omari

I looked into her eyes, but only for a second before she glanced away. "I think we should start over." I said looking at the side of her face as she slowly turned her attention back to me.

"What are you talking about?" she asked, scrunching her face up.

"Our conversation wasn't the best the first time we encountered, so I want to start over."

She bit down on her bottom lip, indicating she was thinking. "Okay." she said looking away again.

"Okay, so what's your name?" I asked, blocking her view past me by looking into her eyes." she slightly giggled.

"I'm Kamaria." She said with the most angelic smile I'd ever seen. I finally found out what it was about her that drew me in.

"And I'm Omari." I said keeping a slight grin. I looked into her eyes once more. I was hoping she wouldn't look away, but she did and said, "I think we should go sit down. My feet are getting tired."

Although I knew that wasn't true, I simply said, "okay."

We walked over to the couch, with me trailing behind her a few feet away. "Can we still continue our conversation?" I asked her. "Sure." she said, pulling her hand away from mine's gently.

"Why haven't you given up?" she asked me.

I wasn't sure what she meant by that. "What you mean?" I asked readjusting my sitting position on the couch.

"You know, Why haven't you given up? I gave you a pretty hard time when we first met, so why are you still around?" She asked, searching for an answer in my motions as I shifted in my seat.

"I had to see what it was about you that drew me in, but now........ I know what it is." I said while licking my bottom lip.

"And what is that?" she asked, scooting closer to me and looking into my eyes.

I reached over and held her chin in my hand. "You'll find out when the time is right." she smirked as she got up, walking away. I blew a kiss at her as she looked over her shoulder. She walked out of the room with two girls following behind her. And that's when I thought about something. I ran out the door behind her. I grabbed her arm before she could turn the corner and twirled her around, facing me. She smiled while looking down at her feet.

"I want your number." I said playing with her hair, causing her to look up at me. "Maybe next time." she said while walking away with that same pretty smile.

"What if there isn't a next time?" I asked and she stopped in her tracks.

Looking back at me, she said, "If there is a next time, this is meant to be." and then she continued her journey to the elevator.

I shook my head with a smirk as I made my way back to the suite.

I couldn't help but to think of how put together and graceful she was and how I wanted her.

Vote, comment!!

I promise I'm going to do better. I just lost my grandmother, so pray my family and I. I would like for you all to leave comments and give me feedback such as: Should Jazlone tell Kamaria about her and Kameron? Or is Kamaria playing too hard to get when it comes to Omari? The BFFs are in the MM.

- Nyia