Chapter 4

Omari

"So you tryin' to hit up that Attenborough game Friday?" Maceon asked me as he spotted me.

"Yea, I'm tryna see how they look before we play them next month."
I stated, keeping the weight in place for a second before lowering it again.

"Yea, and I bet Coach told you, you had to do this." he said while chuckling.

"Yea, he basically said that's what a good leader would do."

I sat the bar, containing weights, back on its rest and sat up. "But yea, I'll roll through with y-"

"Mari, I wanna go outside." my little brother, Ohaun, said as he burst into the room. Oblivious to the fact that he just interrupted a whole conversation.

"You know you can't go outside until mama get home." I reminded him as he followed behind me.

"Well, can we throw the football around?" he asked giving me the puppy dog face, thinking it was going to work.

I sighed loudly before saying, "No, not right now. Here, go play a game." I said while giving him my phone.

"Yo' phone child proof?" Maceon asked with his head in the refrigerator.

"What you mean?" I asked while scrunching my face up.

He gave me that "you know what I'm talking 'bout" look.

"Bruh, I know you got some nudes up in there. Why? Because you a hoe. That's why." he stated matter of factly.

"I ain't no hoe." I mumbled, slightly offended.

"What you call it?" Maceon asked in a girly voice.

"Dude, get off my sack." I said, grabbing a Debbie cake out of the cabinet.

"Yes, zaddy." he said while leaving out of the kitchen. I shook my head and followed.

"If you still tryin' to get a ride to school, I suggest you come on."

I grabbed my bag, waiting at the door.
"I'm coming. Stop rushing me." he mumbled as he walked out of the door and I followed and locked it.

Kamaria

Change is inevitable. Why hold onto what you have to let go of? Like did I really break your heart? Was it all my fault? If you don't knock it off. You know like I know where this was headed. I'm a wanderer. I'm a wanderer, baby.

I hummed along to Jhene Aiko x Spotless Mind as I backed out of my driveway. I turned backed into the road and sped down the street, stopping at a stop sign. "Turquoise seas and ocean breezes. Loving you was nice, b-" I song to the music before being cutoff by my ringing phone.

"Hello?" I questioned, not knowing who was on the other side of the phone. "Bitch, come pick me up. Mama got my car for today." Jazlone's voice filled my car and she wasn't even on speaker.

"What's with the b's early in the morning? And pipe down. You loud as fuck" I stated while giving a screw face like she could see me as I turned the corner.

"Sorry about that." she stated.

"Mhm, I'm on my way now." I rolled my eyes.

"Alright thanks. Bye, bitch." she said quickly hanging up.

I turned the music up, and as if on cue, my phone started to ring once again.

"Hello?" I asked, balancing my phone in between my head and shoulder.

"Have you left the house yet?" my mom asked.

"Yes ma'am, I had to go pick up Jazlone today."

"Oh okay. Well, remember I need you at the store today." she reminded.

I said okay, but I mentally rolled my eyes because I partially forgot.

My mom owns a bakery. I go there to help three times a week. Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday mostly.

"Alright bye I'll see you then, booba."

"Okay mama." I chuckled finding my nickname for the past sixteen years still funny.

I turned my music back up as I coasted down the street, on my way to Jazlone's house.

~~

I honked my horn repeatedly. After maybe ten minutes or more, Jazlone decides to come out with nothing on but some pants, shirt, and shoes in hand.
I shook my head and chuckled at the sight.

"Get in, thot." I said in a bored tone as she opened up my passenger door and climbed in.

"I'm not a thot. You could have told me you were only ten minutes away."

I smiled to myself as I quickly glanced at her, and then focused my eyes back on the road. "Twenty minutes isn't ten."

"Whatever" she simply stated. She didn't have anything to say because she knew I was right.

Omari

"Hey, Omari." some girl said to me as I walked through the halls in hopes of getting to my locker.

"Wassup?" I asked in a nonchalant manner. I meant for it to just be a pleasantry, but I guess I was wrong because shortly after she says, "You haven't called me lately."

I side eyed her, turning completely around to face her. "We'll have our time." I stated simply even though it wasn't true.

I guess she was satisfied because she went on her way without another word.

After opening and getting the things I needed out of my locker, I turned around and scanned the hallway full of people. I spotted my future baby mama speaking to some girl.

I scanned her body, taking in her outfit. "Nigga, you need to go and talk to her instead of staring at her. That scares some people you know?" Maceon said, coming up behind me.

"Shut up, nigga. I wasn't staring at her I was just looking." I lied.

"Lyin' bug-eyed bastard." he mumbled as we walked down the hall to class.

"What you say?" I asked, looking at the side of his face as we continued to walk.

He sighed. "Nothing, I'm just saying if you wanna talk to her, do it. Girls like her don't stay single long and if you ain't careful, somebody gon' cuff her just like that." he said with a snap and shrug.

I nodded my head, but remained silent. He was right. I needed to do this and fast, but Kamaria wasn't making it any easier with her playing hard to get. The question is, is she really playing?

Vote/Comment........ Please!!