Chapter 5

Kamaria

I breathed deeply as I leaned on the door frame of the library. I had ran errands left and right before actually making it here. I took time to control my breathing before walking further into the room. I sat my books down behind the desk and made my way over to Ms. Bollinger's office.

"Hey, Kamaria, I need you to do something for me. I want you to take these papers to Coach Ridley." she said while handing me a large stack of papers. "Yes ma'am."

After receiving the papers, I headed out the door, on my way to the gym.

"Where you going?" my brother says as he speeds up to walk beside me.

"To the gym." I said simply.

"Why?" he asked. "None of your business." I retorted.

"Damn, who pissed in your tea today?"

I rolled my eyes and said, "I don't have an attitude I just hate when people hit me with a barrage of questions."

He said nothing else as we walked silently to the gym down the hallway.

"These are from Ms. Bollinger." I say while placing the papers in Coach Ridley's hand. "Thank you ma'am." he says with a half smile.

I return the thank you with a you're welcome while leaving his office. Now I can go back to the library. Hopefully, no one comes to me about a favor for the rest of the day.

I sat down at a table near the exit and pulled out the book I had checked out just a week ago.

Out of the corner of my eye, I see someone sit in the chair next to me.

"Now may I ask for your number? You said 'maybe next time.' And well............ it's next time." someone said sarcastically.

I look up to see Omari with his eyes fixed on me and grinning.

I shifted in my seat, turning towards him. "Why do you want my number so badly?" I asked while allowing my lips to form into a smirk.

"Well," he started with a full smile as he put his arm around my chair. "I find you very attractive and I want that feeling to be mutual."

I rolled my eyes mentally because I knew that I already found him attractive.

"So you're still hung up on my looks." I stated knowingly as I got up from my seat.

I was gently pulled back down onto my seat.

"I'm just not attracted to your outer appearance. I'm attracted to you period." he said, looking at me.

My straight face turned into a small smile, and I turned away so he couldn't see it.

"I want to do that more often." he said , referring to my smile.

"So can I have your number?" he asked me once again.

I looked at him for a while, thinking.

"Yea, I guess so, but only as friends." I stated making sure there was clarity.

He stared at me for a long time in shock. I guess from the fact that I actually agreed to give him my number.

Finally, he gave me his phone to put my number in.

"So, we got like twenty more minutes in this class. Tell me about yourself."

I smirked and said, "Okay."

Jazlone
(Twenty-eight minutes later)

"Kameron, can you just stop and talk to me for a moment?" I said as he put his books in his backseat and took out his gym bag for practice.

"What is there to hear, Jaz? If it's about how you can't come clean to my sister about us, then I don't want to hear it."

"You want me to come clean about my feelings, but you're still messing with that thot?" I asked, referring to his "girlfriend".

"You know I don't mess with her no more." he said through gritted teeth.

"That's not what I heard." I mumbled.

"What you say?" he asked pressing me against the car to keep me from walking away.

"You heard me right the first time." I said.

He smirked and said, "I'll talk to you later."

His sudden change of mood sent me into a state of confusion and anger simultaneously. He always has to walk away when we have a disagreement, and it was frustrating.

Kameron

She just didn't get it. If she came clean and expressed her feelings to me, I would drop all of these girls just to be with her.

"Trouble in paradise?" Maceon asked sarcastically.

"Fvck you, prick." I said, walking towards the football field.

He just chuckled in response.

"But foreal, if you gone be with her, be with her. Leave thot, Myricle, alone." he said in a serious tone.

I sighed, saying, "I just see Myricle as a quick fvck. Okay? Jaz on the other hand, I actually developed feelings for." I confessed.

"Maybe, Jaz needs to know that." Just then, Maceon's phone starts to ring.

"Hello?"...... "Yea, I got you."............ "Trust me..... I g-."

I laughed slightly. This dude is a true to the game hoe. He slowly walked away and gradually, his voice became out of ear shot.

After a few seconds, I thought of what he just said and maybe he's right. I have to talk to Jaz....... soon.

Yasmin

"So, how did it go? I saw you over there talking to Omari." I said as Kamaria and I walked through the student parking lot.

"I guess it went good. I loosened up a bit and gave him my number."

I smiled small. "That's good."

"What's wrong with you? You're mood........ it isn't the same." she said looking my way, but I looked forward, avoiding eye contact.

"Nothing, it's just you have Omari, Jaz has Kameron, and I have.... no one."

Kamaria and I had peeped game a long time ago regarding Kameron and Jazlone. Kamaria was just waiting on either one of them to tell her that they were talking and no longer in the crushing stage.

We didn't want to be all in their business.

"Yasmin, did you hear me?" Kamaria asked, withdrawing me from my thoughts.

"Huh? Uh...... yea. You know what? I gotta go. I'll talk to you later." I rambled as I walked away, pulling my bag up in my shoulder.

I don't know what it was, but I felt this feeling when it came to Kam and Omari. Resentment filled me. I want someone to love me and care for me but I don't have that and it hurt me to the core.

Everything was about Kamaria, Kamaria, and more Kamaria and I was going to fix that.

Vote/Comment

Any suggestions?Questions? I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Love you, sweet babies, so precious.😊😘😘