Chapter 6

When I see potential I just gotta see it through
If you had a twin, I would still choose you
I don't wanna rush into it, if it's too soon
But I know you need to get done, done, done, done

Kamaria

I sung along to Drake's part of Work as I vacuumed around the house. I got off after twenty minutes, and I grabbed my bottle of water off of the floor. I picked up my phone and realized that I had a text from Jazlone.

Her: Have you seen your brother?

Me: No, he's probably moving around the house by now.

Her: You know we've been....talking.

Me: yea, ik

Her: oh

Me: Yea, I'm not mad though. Y'all would be cute together. ❤❤

Her: Thanks, Mari.😊

Me: welcome

Her: see ya later😘✌

I pulled out of the driveway of my house. I was on my way to my mama's boutique to check in and see if she needed help.

"Hey, Ms. Trish." I said as I walked through the door of the boutique.

"Hey, Mari? How you doin', baby girl?" she asked.

"Good and you?" I asked, walking to the counter where she was.

"I can't complain. I'm doin' just fine." she stated with a slight smile.

"That's good. Is my mama busy back there?" I asked, pointing towards her office around the corner.

"Nothing major, she's probably going through papers or something like that. Go on back there and see."

"Yes ma'am." I walked over to my mama's office and knocked.

"Who is it?" she asked.

"It's me, mom." I yelled in order for her to hear me through the door.

After a few seconds, she finally said, "It's open."

I turned the knob with very little exertion. "Hey, mama."

"Hey, booba." she said while looking up from the stack of papers on her desk. I sat down in the nearest chair which was in front of her desk.

"Did you need any help?" I asked with hope dancing in my eyes. Truthfully, I needed something to do and being here at mama's boutique would cause time to fly by for me.

"Um, you can put some clothes on that manikin by the door and put some more cardigans on the table out front." she stated.

I grabbed a pair of bleached jeans, a pale pink bralet, and a creme colored cardigan to put on the manikin.

"I see she done put you to work." Ms. Trish chuckled.

"I guess so." I responded as I dressed the manikin.