CHAPTER 4

Dedicated to @ygrenalyn

Julian

My wolf howled in pain. He lost his mate long before he even had him. It was all my fault, mabye if I'd met him sooner, mabye it would have been different. I feel so numb, so empty and lost. I walk into the room they allocated me to and sit on the soft bed. I bit my lip the tears coming down my face, a sob left my lips amd I pressed my fingers to my mouth. Oh, god, I'm so pathetic.

I can't stay here, not when he has someone else, a replacement, one he seems to care about, to actually love. I think that hurts more, knowing that I'm here, ready to love him and he...he has someone else, someone he was forced to be with and yet he loves her or him more. This is so messed up. The door to my room bursts open and I jumped. I look up to see my sister, she enters, closing the door and I cry harder.

"Julian, oh, boy. "She held me and I buried my head in her neck.

"He is married, Julia, married." I sob and she holds me tighter.

"What? "Her voice is tense and hard, I shake my head." I can't believe this, "she seeths and I pull away and wipe my tears.

"It's okay, Julia. Just...let's get out of here." I stand and she glares.

"We, especially you, are not going anywhere. "I look at her in disbelief.

"What?" She stands up.

"You heard me, this is your home now, just as much as that little bitch who stole your mate. This...this is ridiculous! Whoever he married doesn't deserve to be considered Luna. That is your birth right, Julian and I will not let you give it up so easily." The fire in her eyes had me blinking rapidly. She walked past me to the door.

"Julia, please, don't make this harder than it already is. "She turns to me, shaking her head. I plead with her silently.

"I made you a promise, Julian, that I would always keep you happy until you found your mate," her eyes soften, "I told you that I would never let your mate reject you without good reason and I will follow through. This reason is not one I consider good." Then she was gone. I sighed and fell onto the bed. I love her, I do, but right now, why couldn't she just leave well enough alone? If Carter and his spouse marked each other, then there was no hope.

I closed my eyes suddenly feeling tierd and hopeless and drifted off into a dreamless sleep.

"Julian, wake up. "I groaned amd rolled over, snuggling deeper into the blanket. "Julian, come on, we'll be late." I mumbled something incoherent and the person chuckled. "Carter will be angry." I lifted my hand and it collided with the familliar sounding person. "Ow!" Then I was pushed and my face became friends with the floor. I groan.

"What the hell. "I cover my forehead, blinking my eyes open, I see Rover staring blankly at me. I sit up." You! "I glare at him.

"Obviously, who did you think it was? Santa?" He rolled off the bed and I stood up.

"Why didn't you tell us? "He stopped at the door and turned his head but didn't look at me.

"There was nothing to tell." I scoff.

"He is my mate you know, "I see the corner of his lips twitch.

"He wears a wedding ring too." This time he looks at me, sure just to see the hurt on my face. "I'm not blind, I know he is yours, Julia and you have trouble keeping me out, work on it." Then he opened the door. "There's a meeting, we are invited, you have five minutes." I glare at the closed doors. When did he become such a douche bag? I sigh and walk out into the empty hall. I really cannot stay here, but I don't want to leave him. Moon Goddess, help me.