CHAPTER 7

Carter

"They are settling quite nicely. It's as if they've always lived here. "I look up at my brother who smiles brightly.

"What are you on about?" He rolled his eyes at me and I huffed.

"You know, Julia, Clyde, Amber... All of them, why don't you just make it official?" I raised one brow at him as he walked over to the shelves on my right, pausing at Lee-Ann's picture. I shook my head.

"We can't just assume that they want to stay. "

"Well, that Amber girl sure will stay, her mate is in our pack." I nod, recalling the nervous man entering my office the other day, wanting to alert me of his fear of rejection. They have been here two days and they fit in perfectly, I agree wholeheartedly with my brother, but, I can't just jump and welcome them as members, they would need to tell me directly. My wolf whined at me, I could imagine his annoyed face.

"You didn't hear a word I said...did you? "I look up with wide eyes as Andrew huffs and walks away." Fine, since you won't listen, I'll just talk to Julian. "He paused for a moment and turned to me and I sighed knowing exactly what was coming next." You know, he isn't half bad. I don't get why you can't just move on. This is getting ridiculous. "He walked over and held onto the chair opposite my desk.

"I really don't want to talk about this right now."

"If not now, then when? "He raised a brow, his eyes calm and curious."I don't want to lose you because of your stupidity, Carter. Eventually, it'll either kill you or turn you." His face softens slightly, "What is the actual problem?" I blink and frown, this is just what I didn't need, but I couldn't stop myself from opening up, besides, he is my brother and he is everything to me.

"I'm scared, Andrew. "My voice is low, quiet and he takes a seat, leaning over the desk."I'm fucking terrified."

"Well, you need to get your fear under grips and open your damn eyes to realise that Julian is not Lee-Ann and she is long gone. You have another chance to love, this time with a garentee that the person will love you back a hundred and ten percent with no question. "I furrow my brows and frown knowing well what he was referring to, the fact that with Lee-Ann it was one sided. I sigh.

"I don't know if my heart can take it though," I admit softly and his hand covers mine.

"He is your mate, it has to hang in there. If not for your own happiness then do it for your wolf, because you are hurting him more by keeping him away from his mate than you realise. Remember, he feels the pain with so much intensity, it is maddening. "God, now I feel even more shitty than ever. I nod and my wolf seems to howl, reaching out to his brother in thanks.

"Man, I need to get pain with all this heart felt talk." He stands and dusts himself off and I laugh softly as he shivers. "Nasty business, nasty." He fakes an accent.

"You will remain the worlds mystery. "He winks over as me as he turna around.

"You know it. Now come on, you'll get sick staying up in here all day everyday. No more avoiding the inevitable, right?" I stand and stretch, my ass clenching. I smile.

"Right. "

****

****

****

"What the hell is he doing?" I whisper in horror as I watch Julian and Aiden circling one another, looking ready to fight. Knowing how good Aiden is in a fight, I felt my stomach drop. Lynn frowned at me before looking back at them.

"Julian asked Aiden to train him last night after sitting in on him training the new warriors. "I look over to her and she looks to me." You know why he's doing this don't you? "I furrowed my brows and she sighed, rolling her eyes at me. "Idiot." She mumbled just as Julian went in for an attack and I bit my lip as Aiden lifted his right hand and with his left pushed his back while moving to the side. Julian fell onto his knees and I winced, it wasn't a really bad fall but, I don't know, I felt bad for him. Aiden is not who I'd recommend for a starter really.