CHAPTER 16

Julian

Completely and utterly ridiculous. The two guards gave me small apologetic smiles as they guided me out of the trial room, they could tell I was not happy. I wanted to talk to River, figure out a way to stop this. I can't even be sure if it's an attack or not. I clicked my tongue as they followed behind me. I shook my head and tried to find my way into Carter's head only to run into a brick wall, figuratively of cource.

"Stupid Alpha male trying to be macho and crap. "I grumbled under my breath as I felt a headache coming on." To think he's my mate, "I snort." Couldhave fooled me. Bloody Carter. Murder, yeah, this is what it is, murder of my pride of course. "I threw my hands up dramatically as I spoke to myself. I turned with a glare as I heard the guard behind me snicker." You better have seen a cricket trying to get with a silk worm buddy, 'cause I'm non to fond of being laughed at." He let out a strangled laugh as he tried to control himself.

"What? "He asked and I scowled at his reddened cheeks.

"You heard me." I turn back around only to trip over my own feet, I groan. "This is so not my day." I mumble. As you can probably tell, I'm stressed and when I'm stressed I tend to talk to myself, out loud.

"Luna? You ok? "I scowl as the one with blonde hair and bright sparkling blue eyes helped me to my feet.

"Do I look like I'm female, buddy? Nope." I sassed at him and his head reared back in shock. I know I have probably let Carter get away with referring to me as their Luna but nope, not today, not now.

"I-I'm sorry, sir, I just-"

"Assumed that just because I probably bottom, which I do, I would be Luna? Female? Really? That is completely and utterly ridiculous. "He bowed his head in shame and my arms fell slack as guilt began eating away at me." Aw hell! It's okay! "I basically yelled and they jumped causing me to blush." Sorry. "I mumbled looking down.

"It's okay, Alpha." He gave me a genuine smile which I returned. "Now, let's get you to safety before Alpha Carter kills us." he said jokingly, I nodded my head before my shoelaces caught my attention.

"That's why I tripped, nasty buggers. "I also tend to use British terminology, because I like how I sounds when I do. I bent down to tie them and they waited.

"Inside out, one bunny ear goes through the other," I mumbled while tieing the laces. I sighed and folded my arms as I stood straight and started walking. Next thing I know there's a growl and the two guards are taken down and I gap as their bodies lay unconscious on the ground and three rogue wolves with dulled down red eyes surrounded me and I whimpered in fear. God, why hadn't I learnt how to fight sooner?

One shifted into a very handsome man I had to admit with dark brown hair and the sides shaved off. I blinked as he smirked at me.

"Alpha? "He asked, his voice surprisingly soft but what I wondered is why thw hell haven't I screamed? I opened my mouth but a lump was lodged into my throat, preventing me from saying anything. The man titled his head and walked over to me until our chests, ok, no, until his chest and my face were basically touching. "Don't panic." He said and his hand rose, had I mention that he was naked? Well, he was...so very naked.

A cloth was put in my face, over my nose and I aimed to scream when he held my neck and I inhaled unwillingly and my eyes fluttered before I fell limp. God, why didn't I scream? In fact, how had they entered the pack? Again, why was this so familiar but so different?

**** **** ****

There was a howl and my ears perked up and my head snapped to the window as my eyes widened. We were under attack. I rushed up from my position on my bed and I ran to my door, throwing it open before turning left towards the safety escape which was behind a portrait of a man in armor, ny father loved antiques. Instead, though, I was taken from behind