Recovery

Two weeks had passed since that Halloween night, after a few breakdowns Lily was steadily getting better. Severus was taking a bit longer because his physical injuries, concussion, broken ribs etc. No one outside the school been allowed to see him and the reporters and minister were getting restless.

Today Severus was allowed to go outside for a walk so he donned his everyday muggle clothes and a cane to support himself with and went outside for a few turns around the lake. He left the hospital wing and laid down beside the lake for a short nap, it was 1:00 after all. First his dreams were nonexistent then, they became a nightmare about that night.

-Flashback-

As soon as Lily left the curses started, Severus started by yelling,"Sectumsepra!" Voldemort dodged it and yelled,"Crucio!" The unforgivable curse missed him by less than an inch.

"Severus, I expected more from you. Falling in love with a mudblood. Tssk- tssk." He clicked his tongue,"So beneath an intelligent half-blood like yourself."

Severus growled, " What would you know about love you orphan!"

"You'll pay for that," he growled as a killing curse sailed from the tip of his wand.

-End Flashback-

He woke in a flash. He didn't think he'd ever be rid of nightmares like this one, but they were getting easier. He checked his watch 2:00. He got up, brushed off his clothes and went back to the main castle. As he got back to the hospital wing he heard voices from inside the room. He opened the door and as quietly as possible tried to get to his bed. Apparently he wasn't quiet enough to escape Madam Pomfrey's notice.

"Severus Snape! Where have you been?!" Shouted an irate Poppy Pomfrey, "I agreed to a half hour! I was about to send for the aurors!"

He squirmed like a five year old being caught with their hand in the cookie jar, " I'm sorry, Poppy I lost track of time."

Poppy sighed,"Just don't do it again, you have a visitor." Albus Dumbledore sat by the corner of his bed.

"How are you doing Severus?" He asked.

"I'm doing fine, headmaster," Severus muttered.

"Splendid!" the headmaster cheered, "Do you think you'll be up to a press conference tomorrow, my boy?"

Severus groaned and covered his face with his pillow, "Do I have to?" he whined like a petulant four year old.

Albus smiled, "Yes you do, the wizarding world has waited long enough."