Jobs

They went up the spiral staircase to Albus' office. Severus looked around as he entered, the office was elegant and never failed to make him feel small and insignificant.

"Severus, my boy," Dumbledore said as he sat down in the chocolate colored leather chair behind his desk," I want to ask you a question."

"Yes Albus?" Severus queried, normally when Albus had a question to ask he didn't take them to his office, even if it was kind of important, he just kept his voice down.

"Much as the charms teacher is retiring so is our potions professor," he answered vaguely.

"What does this have to do with me, Albus?" he asked warily, worrying a little.

"I was wondering if you could take the position?" he asked looking down.

"Let's see" Severus thought to himself,"jobless or having a job where I see Lily everyday, let me think."
"Well, when do I start?!" he asked excitedly.

Albus smiled happily at him, " At the star of the next school year, it's early January now, so, in 8 months."

He smiled, this was great! He got to see Lily everyday!

"You can stay here for the rest of the school year, though I'd go out as much as I could, you'll  be getting lots of unwanted attention when the students return."

"Ok, I will," he said smiling, "Thank you Albus."

"Your quite welcome my boy," he answered.

Severus turned and walked out the door. This was going to be a long 8 months.