Dealing with it.

A large snowy owl flew towards Dumbledore and himself,"This isn't going to end well," he thought to himself. The owl landed in front of Albus, dropped the items it was carrying, and flew away, presumably flying towards the owlery for its own breakfast. Albus had three letters and a copy of the Prophet. He turned his head towards him and asked mischievously,

"Severus, my boy, perhaps you'd care to read the paper while I read these letters?"

Severus took the paper, muttering what sounded rather like,"Crazy old coot," Much like he suspected, his picture was on the front page along with the headline that read,"Savior Abused?" he was thankful, though, that the article had been written by someone other than Rita Skeeter. He was sure she had her own little article somewhere, either in this edition or one that would soon be published.

He didn't bother reading anything, knowing that everything would basically be a run off of the front page story,instead, he turned to look at Albus, who looked engrossed in his letters.

"What are you reading?" he asked, curious.

"Oh, not much, a letter from Cornelius, one from Gringotts about my account or something similar, and, one from Lily,"

Severus almost chocked on the piece of sausage he was eating.

"Why is Lily writing you? Is something wrong?" he asked concerned.

Albus chuckled,"No Severus, nothing's wrong, you know Professor Ugand?"

"Yes, I do," he answered, thinking of the aging charms professor who had taught him during his school years.

"He's decided to retire, seen to much that he feels he can't do anything about, he says. Anyway, Lily wrote me asking if she could be considered for the position."

"Why?" Severus asked.

"Because," he said," You know more than anyone, that she no longer has a home, husband to supply the income, no job, and a one year old boy to look after!"

Severus looked down, the question had sounded stupid the minute it left his mouth. He would be happy for her though, she'd gone through to much in her short life, to many avoidable things. "Don't act all innocent buster," his mind told him,"You're as guilty as anyone else."

He hated knowing he had made her life harder, but he had been fifteen and confused.He smiled at Dumbledore,

"I'm happy she's going to have a steady job, somewhere Harry can be looked after,"

"I knew you would be my boy, I have something to discuss with you, shall we take our conversation up to my office?"

They pushed in their chairs and left the hall.

A.N: My computer hates me! Hope this was a good chapter other than the switching fonts. I need to figure this out. Review for me, bye!