First day

A.N to loremar96, I am so happy that you enjoy reading this as much as I enjoy writing it! Ok on to the story.

Severus woke up feeling as tired as if he hadn't slept at all. He got up, showered and put on a pair of dress pants and a white button up shirt that highlighted his build. He looked at himself in the mirror,"This'll do," he thought giving himself a once over before heading to breakfast.

   "You can be a teacher! You're a worthless freak!" Severus shuddered as his fathers words travelled through his mind. He tried not to believe them, but it wasn't easy. He walked into the Great Hall and was glad to see Albus was sitting at the head table giving him a confident smile. Severus smiled, "I can do this," he assured himself as he took a seat next to the headmaster.

"How are you feeling this fine morning my boy?" Albus questioned as Severus sat down.

"I'm fine, a little nervous, but overall, I'm fine," Severus replied as he started to eat. He looked around, "Where's Lily?" he asked.

Albus smiled," She already ate, she's playing with Harry in the hospital wing."

Severus nodded, he had his first class in 20 minutes and it was getting harder to not feel queasy. He finished the rest of his eggs said goodbye to the headmaster and went to his classroom to prepare.

20 minutes later a pack of third year Gryffindors and Slytherins walked into his dungeon classroom," Ah, Albus you had to put these two houses together, didn't you?" Severus sat perched on his desk with a tennis ball in his hand, seemingly not paying attention to the children in front of him. He looked at a girl in Gryffindors who was sitting next to two other girls who were giggling over something. "Ms. Jones?" he called across the room.

She looked up and said, "Yes, Professor?"

Severus smirked, "Kindly put away that copy of Witch Weekly, you can read it later, this is potions class, not library."

She blushed and put the copy back in her bag.

"Now that's settled," Severus smiled," Welcome to Potions class, I am Professor Severus Snape and I'll be helping you this year, I want to see your basic skills so please use your books and make a boil cure, if you ever payed attention in class, this should be easy."

It took about 20 minutes for everyone to finish, except for one nervous Gryffindor boy who was shaking as things went into his cauldron. Severus saw what was happening, he had put the root in to early and the potion was now unstable. "Davis!" he called," get away from there!" He ran and pulled the boy behind him and vanished the ruined potion. He carefully explained to the boy what he did wrong before sending them all on their way. "This'll be a long year," Severus thought to himself sitting at his desk. Thankfully the rest of the day passed uneventfully and he went to bed thoroughly exhausted.