Give a Warning First!

"Ino, it's been two weeks." Chouji tried, "I know you're feeling bad about this whole thing, but... I don't know... maybe you should go to Otogakure and talk to her. Really listen this time. Everyone, I mean, mostly everyone had forgiven her. It still doesn't change the fact that she's back and that she became a Kage."

He remembered his own time in meeting Sakura that fateful day of her visit. He was just eating the new wasabi ginger flavor of his favorite chip brand and was walking out the store when he accidentally bumped into her. He had been so shocked from colliding into a "dead" person that he dropped his bag and went back into the store to use the bathroom and wash his face. When he came back out and she was still standing there, holding out the bag for him to take, he listened to what she had to say.

Her reasons were valid to his ears, at least. They were unorthodox and not the most acceptable, but she did what she had to do for her cause, killing as little of them as she could and distancing herself as to not hurt them any further. But that was Chouji's understanding anyways.

Ino sighed and crossed her arms.

"I know."

"Then why don't you do something about it?"

"Because..."

She looked away, a deep frown marring her pretty face. She didn't answer as she walked over to a vase and started arranging the flowers. Chouji sighed and moved to leave the shop.

"I'll see you at training later, okay?"

::

Itachi couldn't sleep that night. He laid in his bed, eyes staring up at the blank ceiling above and black hair tied into a ponytail. Hidan's words resonated in his head unwillingly forcing him to think of what he wanted to do. He was twenty-nine years old with no real plan for the future. He had a stable job and plenty of credentials in case he desired another, but he had nothing to show for his personal life.

No past partners, no previous wanting of another person...

If he really had taken a liking to Sakura and wanted his future with her, how exactly would he proceed?

It was morning when he realized that for once in his long life that he had to ask help from the people he desperately didn't want to. So when the clock at his bedside struck six, he slipped out from underneath his bed sheets, dressed himself for work at the intelligence building, and walked to the restaurant near his apartment.

It had become something of a ritual for the ex-Akatsuki members to gather for breakfast on Mondays and Fridays at the same old place over the past years. That, and meeting up for dinner on Tuesday evenings. As he stepped into the restaurant, he immediately went for the northeastern corner of the restaurant and sat down beside Sasori.

Hidan looked up.

"So? Did you do some of that thinking?" he asked. Itachi gave a short exhale from his nose as he gave a slight nod at the waitress when she placed his usual drink in front of him, a coffee with six sugars.

"I did. And you're right." he confessed. The conversations at the table came to a halt as all whispers of attention suddenly fell upon his shoulders. Itachi sighed inwardly. He really should have struck up the notion again once he was back on hospital duty this upcoming Tuesday. But the rest were bound to find out on their own sometime in the future, so there was no use in keeping it from them. His eye twitched when the man grinned.

"'Course I am." he joked, "So, you want to tell the whole class what's up or you want me to cut the cake?"

The rest of them leaned forward expectantly, wondering what exactly he had to say. Itachi was never one of those types who'd tell interesting stories, much less take the things Hidan said into careful consideration. He exhaled again.

"I have taken a liking to Sakura-sama."

Deidara choked on his orange juice, sliding his chair back and leaning forward while coughing to clear his throat. Kisame covered his full mouth with both his hands as his broad shoulders shook with laughter. Sasori was more surprised with the fact that Itachi had genuinely admitted to falling for someone rather than the fact that the person he had fallen for was Haruno Sakura.

She was both strong and beautiful, not to mention a Kage and a long-time candidate to be one of his puppets. If she was honored with that much, it was no surprise how many admirers she came to have over the past years. Kakuzu merely stared at him with slightly narrowed eyes, Tobi gushing in the seat beside him.

"Aw, that's so cute!!! Itachi-senpai's gotta crush!" he squealed.

"Goddamn, give a warning first, hm!" Deidara gasped, "You know I've been more susceptible to surprises ever since my little shits pranked me on April Fool's three years ago, un!"

That was not a good day.

Itachi resisted the urge to simply get up and walk out to deal with the situation himself, but he knew he couldn't do that. As much as he hated to admit it, he couldn't blindly walk into this situation alone. He hadn't a shred of experience to help him out, and he was honestly serious about her. He didn't want to screw this up.

Kisame finally swallowed his food and set both palms on the table. His expression suddenly turned serious.

"If this is the real deal... then I think you all know what we have to do."

Tobi turned his head, looking betrayed.

"It's a rule, Kisame-senpai! We never talk about it. Never." he whispered, holding a hand over his heart.

"We have to make a special case here. For Itachi-san's sake."

Sasori glared at him.

"Don't say it."

"We... We have to make him watch Kunoichi Diaries: Season Two. The Extended Version." Kisame said with painfully shut eyes. The second wave of utter shock smashed into the table, even Kakuzu looking far more hostile than usual. Itachi cast a glance at everyone sitting at the table, breakfast forgotten and war-torn look overtaking their expressions.

Forget everything he mentioned about needing their help.

He seriously should've just kept his mouth shut.

::

You know that feel when a show's so good but has that one season that no one talks about because it just killed the vibe? Yeah. That's what this.

BLACK BUTLER SEASON TWO I'M FUCKING LOOKING RIGHT AT YA.