Overruled!

A/N: Some things to talk about at the end of this chapter.

::

Ah, March.

It was a beautiful month. Spring was just settling in, kicking out the biting winter air and gracing the lands with a higher temperature and a smiling sun. Hidden villages worldwide, were preparing for the Hanami Festival: a Grand Flower Viewing Spectacle! Otogakure especially was bustling to get all preparations in order for the 28th. There would be star magnolias, red maples, and the most breathtaking of all--

The cherry blossoms.

It was wonderfully ironic that this festival took place on their beloved Otokage's birthday and the villagers set to hard work to make it as joyous and beautiful as possible. During this time of the year, people tended to be in their highest, carefree spirits.

...

Well.

Almost everyone.

"I fucking swear you better not fuck shit up this time. First you fucked up on the message because your just had to spell a three letter word wrong--"

Tobi pressed his lips together to keep from giggling and Deidara started grinning.

"--like, who the hell does that? It doesn't happen! But your prodigious ass can make anything happen, eh? Second, you don't put your name on her Valentine's Day gift. I'm tempted to leave it alone because you actually came up with the idea of getting her one of her favorite desserts, but goddamn you didn't put your name on it! How was she supposed to know who it was from you fucking idiot?!"

Sasori casually sipped his tea.

"That was two mistakes in a row. Two! If it happens one more time my faith in you will completely fucking disintegrate and next thing you know, you're gonna be looking for a fucking anacampserote* to clean up after your anencephalic** ass!"

Kisame winced.

"Dude, he just smacked you with two words I've never heard before. That's when you know you really fucked up." he whistled. Itachi twitched and silently bit into his barbecue. Yes, he admit that he messed up royally those past two times and yes, he knew he had to get his act together for her birthday, but all he wanted was a quiet lunch. Was that so much to ask? And he was granted with the five others he definitely didn't ask for.

Hidan tore into his own food and jabbed a chopstick in Itachi's direction.

"Get your shit together."

Itachi hated his friends sometimes. Really. He expected that scolding to be the last of this day's headaches until two people entered the restaurant and took the table beside their's. He pinched the bridge of his nose when everyone at the table turned their heads curiously.

Kami, he could already hear the gears spinning in their heads.

"Ugh, you're so boring, teme. I just got back a week ago and you don't want to do anything fun."

A sigh.

"I'm busy, usuratonkachi."

Naruto whined at Sasuke in their booth. It took them a few seconds before they stopped conversing and slowly looked to the right at the five pairs of eyes staring right at them. Naruto awkwardly raised a hand, pushing down the instinctual reaction to lash out or distance himself from the former criminals.

"Hi?"

Deidara gestured towards them while giving a pointed look at Itachi.

"Say hello to your saving grace, un." he deadpanned.