So He's the Source.

He, Suigetsu, and Karin weren't all that comfortable in joining Konoha like Sasuke was. They didn't feel suited to be like those loyal shinobi, as they were more of Orochimaru's prisoners than followers. They didn't like the notion of bowing their heads like dogs. Having subjected to that for years and years really had a negative effect on a person.

Thankfully, the Godaime saw that and gave them a choice. They could stay and swear their allegiance, or they could work outside the village in a new research facility. It was owned and supplied by Konoha itself, but they would be the only ones to operate in the building. All they had to do was take on cases assigned and were able to do as they pleased in the future. How could they refuse?

So they worked and had a relatively normal life for some time now, save for Juugo's usual outbreak of anger. It was getting to the point where he had given up on trying to look for a cure. There wasn't anyone that could help him reverse what Orochimaru had done to him.

He firmly believed it too. At least until he heard about the new leader who attended the Kage Summit.

Haruno Sakura. That same person whose dead body convinced Sasuke to abandon his life-long dream of killing Itachi and returning to Konoha. That woman had managed to snag Orochimaru's interest from the grave and take the reigns of a village he never thought could become one of the Great Shinobi Nations. Juugo learned that their medical community was especially advanced. Days later, he came to discover that Otogakure was in possession of a clinic that dedicated itself to undoing all curse marks and seals of that sort. He had to try, didn't he?

Juugo asked for a while off to try out their treatments and see if they could actually do something for him. He took the short journey to Oto and ended up at their gates a crisp, Tuesday morning. When he arrived, he saw Kabuto standing at the entrance.

"Juugo-san. It's nice to see you again." he greeted. Juugo eyed him distrustfully.

"... How did you know I was coming?"

"Don't worry about it." Kabuto smiled, "What brings you here?"

Juugo unconsciously raised a hand to knead the junction between his neck and his shoulder. Kabuto understood perfectly and beckoned him to follow.

"I see. I'll bring you to the clinic."

The two of them weaved through the streets, passing the population of store owners opening up shop for the day and the clusters of clubbers and drinkers heading home to nurse a future hangover. Juugo observed the village in wide-eyed curiosity. This place had a cozy, open feeling to it. There was something about this village...

... He didn't know what it was, but he was drawn to it.

They entered the Medical District soon enough and came upon a building adequately labeled Juinjutsu and Experimentation. The inside was almost empty with a doctor or two and a handful of nurses working behind the desk or walking down the halls. There was one in particular that caught his eye, and she was conversing with someone across the counter. She noticed their entry and wrapped up her talking with a cheery smile and a wave before making her way over to them.

"Good morning, Kabuto. Is he the one who entered the country last night?" she asked. Juugo's interest was piqued once more. How did she find out about it? Kabuto nodded.

"This is Juugo-san. He was one of Orochimaru's prime subjects of experimentation with his in-born ability to absorb natural energy. This discovery led him to Ryuuchi Cave and learning sage mode. But since Orochimaru couldn't use sage mode properly, he created cursed seals by combining senjutsu chakra and isolated mutative enzymes from Juugo-san's blood."

Juugo shifted his weight from foot to foot and kept his head down. Sakura looked him over, eyes showing no sigh of disgust or anger.

"So he's the source."

"Yes, Sakura-sama."

She kept her gaze on him even longer before a soft smile lit up her face. Seeing it made all Juugo's discomfort wash away in a wave of warmth. The smile made him feel safe and secure, like he could leave his whole being in her hands and trust her to keep it completely safe.

"Juugo-san, could you please tell me the extent of the problem?" she questioned. Her voice was soothing and gentle, urging him to place his trust in her. He complied easily.

"Yes, I... um, each time Orochimaru-san experimented on me, it continued to render me mentally unstable. I burst into uncontrollable fits of rage from time to time and haven't been able to control it so much. They're not as frequent as before, but it still happens." he said. Sakura took on a thoughtful expression.

"I have something in mind. Since your rage was brought on forcefully through several traumatic experiences, I doubt that any medicine would have worked on you. What have you been given?"

He listed everything prescribed to him in the past, earning him a small frown.

"As I suspected. Drugs can't control your rage. Though, would you be averse to obtaining a seal? Not any of Orochimaru's, of course, but one that I developed some years ago modeled like it. All your rage caused by that experience would be contained in that seal, and the strength of that seal directly correlates to your will to keep it in. It's a last option, but I'm assuming you wouldn't have come here otherwise, right?"

Juugo nodded somberly.

"At this point, I'll try anything."

Suddenly, Sakura gave him an assuring grin that rooted him to the spot.

"Well, Juugo-san, we'll help you in any way we can. If this seal doesn't work, we'll look even further into your case to help you control your rage. Unfortunately, I do have to return to my office for work, but I'll have someone start preparations for the seal. Sound good to you?" she chirped, holding her fist out. He stared at her wondrously before moving his gaze to the hand in front of him.

"Y-Yeah..."

He reluctantly turned the fist bump. Her grin grew wider as she clapped him on the shoulder and headed towards the door. He spun around and stared after her, thinking of the oddity of how his first encounter with her turned out.

She's...

...

She's so cool.