6. Merman all along?

A/N: So the new trailer for the new season came out! Ahh I'm so excited, The blonde is Sophia ;)

 I walked up to the Ocean Cafe, I spotted Evie, Zac's girlfriend. I walked up to her and took a seat next to her.

"Where's Zac?" I asked Evie, she turned around and gave me a puzzled look.

"Who are you?" She asked furrowing her eyebrows.

"I'm Sophia." I smiled at her, her pink cheeks went pale and gave me a horrified expression.

"You attacked Zac! Your the crazy mermaid lady he keeps talking on about!" She yelled, I quickly put my hand up to her mouth and laughed nervously at the people who looked at us, I tugged her arm, motioning for her to get up, she did as so and we went to the cooler room.

"Look, I may have overreacted when I attacked Zac, but in my defense he wasn't willing to listen and attacked me back," I exclaimed. She gave me a look, questioning my intentions.

"That's not what it sounded like when Zac told me," I rolled my eyes, of course that brat was gonna twist the story around.

"Look Evie, I'm pretty sure you don't enjoy him being a fish as much as I do?" I questioned her. She gave me a look of defeat.

"Your right, I don't, ever since that night he came back from Mako, he's been different and not the same person, but what I don't understand is why you care so much about him." She raised an eyebrow at me.

"I've been banished from my pod, I came to live on land since I had no pod to go to, since I'm the only mermaid on land, along with my friends. It's my job to take his tail back, he's human, he's not supposed to have a tail, and since he's a merman, he puts the life's of all mermaids at stake, there's a reason why merman don't exist anymore." I pleaded. A look of confusion crossed her face.

"What?" Her Australian accent obvious in her voice. I explained to her the whole story about the Queen and what would happen if he got a hold of the merman chamber.

"I now get why this is very important to you, but Zac has grown to love his merman self and won't give it up," She said, I sighed and looked at her with a challenging look. 

"I was hoping we were gonna do this the easy way and get his ass in the moon pool on a full moon for him to change back, look's like he'll have no choice but to change back." I was about to walk out of the cooler room but Evie's voice drew me back.

"Your not gonna hurt him are you?" Her worried voice asked me.

"Depends...." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So how did it go?" Bree asked me once I got home from my conversation with Evie.

"Look's like we have to force him to give himself up." Bree groaned in response.

"Seriously? I don't like it when you get all tough, it scares the crap out of me, including Adam!" I smiled at her and shrugged my shoulders. Davenport walked into the room.

"Sophia your back, c'mon we have tests to do," I grimaced at him, he was gonna take my blood sample and find out my link to Chase. I nodded and took Bree with me, we walked over to the elevators and went down to the lab. I saw Chase's arm linked with some wires, pulling blood out. I looked at the blood in disgust.

"Take a seat over there." Davenport told me. I sat down in a chair and he put needles into one of my veins and pulled out enough blood to fill up half a glass. 

"Too much blood don't you think?" I asked him suspiciously.

"Well....I took extra to do other tests." I glared at him and told him to hurry up.

"So, how did it go with Zac?" Chase asked me, I looked over at him.

"Well, I couldn't exactly find Zac, but I spoke to Evie, his girlfriend. It looks like he won't give up his tail, So i'm gonna force him to enter the moon pool on a full moon,"

"Yikes, wouldn't want to be him," he laughed. I gasped and scolded him.

"Chase! Seriously! Am I that bad when I force people to do it against their will?"

"Um, do you hear the words coming out of your mouth?" He laughed.

"Well, what else am I supposed to do?" 

"Ask him nicely." Was he for real?

"Been there, done that, and as you can tell, it didn't work out,"  Chase was about to respond but Davenport interrupted us.

"I got your test results backs, and there is no signs that you two share a link, it just shows that Spike has a little crush on Sophia and listens to her," Davenport said laughing at the last part.

"But it can come handy when Spike shows up and needs to be taken under control, how lame was it that I thought Chase and you had a link, that's impossible, it could only happen if you had a bionic chip!"  I stared at him, wanting to smack him so hard, he wasted my time just to tell me Spike has a crush on me? 

"Davenport, shut up before I smack you for wasting my time, take these needles out of me." I demanded. He rushed over and did as I told, he knew better than to get on my bad side. My phone started to ring and saw that it was Mimi.

"Hello?"

"Sophia! Hey, I don't know if you remembered but it's a full moon tonight and Zac will be attracted to the chamber." 

"What? Are you serious? Meet me at the moon pool, tonight we're gonna take his tail away, get Serena to lure him into the pool." 

"Got it, bye," She hung up the phone and I stood up quickly.

"Where are you going?" Chase asked.

"To catch myself a merman, wish me luck." I ran off to the moon pool before Chase could say another word. I ran all the way to the beach and jumped into the ocean, I felt my tail forming and I swam at 200 miles per hours. I swam into the moon pool and found Mimi sitting in a corner waiting for me. 

"Is he on his way?" I asked Mimi.

"Yea, Serena convinced him somehow."

"He's not gonna stay once he finds out what we're up to, we're gonna have to us our power against him." I heard a splash of water and saw Zac and Serena swimming in.

"What's going on?!" He demanded angrily.

"Circle him!" I yelled at the girls, we used our powers to pull him in the pool and created a water tentacle surrounding him, making sure he won't leave.

"What is this!" He said looking around, he touched the water tentacle surrounding him, but got shocked in result.

"I'm sorry Zac, but this is the way it has to be" I said, I felt bad trying to take his tail, but it's for the better good. The moon rose over the moon pool and water started to float all around, suddenly a huge light flashed everywhere and threw us back deeper in the water. I looked around confused, and I saw Zac passed out, I rushed over before he could sink to the bottom of the moon pool.

"What the?" I looked up and down his body only to see that he still has a tail, I gasped and almost let him go into the water but I pulled him by the waist back up struggling to keep him up. How can he still have a tail? The moon pool is supposed to take his tail, that is if he wasn't human in the first place.