7. Problems

I looked shocked at the unconscious boy that I held in my arms, he still had his tail, that's impossible you can't resist the power of the moon.

"Serena, Mimi!" I yelled out to my mermaid friends. They rushed over to me, looking shocked as well.

"What's going on? He can't have his tail!" Serena screamed in panic.

"I know! But until we figure this out, freaking out isn't the answer." I told her calmly.

"How can you be so calm?" Mimi looked at me unbelievably.

"This land boy, Zac, he's the key to destroy us all, if we can't get rid of his tail, then we have no choice but to eliminate him." Serena said sternly. 

"Are you serious Serena?! We can't kill him! I want us safe as much as you do, but killing someone to get that isn't the answer." I said in disbelief. They both said nothing in return, I let out a sigh.

"Let's take him back to my place, c'mon." I pulled along the unconscious boy and dragged him through the water with me while I sped swam. It wasn't the best plan to just drag him through the ocean, but what else could I have done? He's a merman, he can breathe underwater, so he won't drown. We finally got to my house and entered through the moon pool. I surfaced above the water, along with Serena and Mimi. I then laid Zac on top the moon pool water, he was floating but needed support so he wouldn't sink, he still was unconscious. He should be awake by now.

"We're gonna go get Rita, she will know what's going on." Serena muttered, she was about to swim away but I stopped her.

"Who?" I said confused. Who is this Rita girl?

"When we got banished from the pod, we found another banished mermaid living on land, she took us in to live with her, she's a bit older, but she will know what's going, she was a powerful mermaid but choose to give away her mermaid life because of a land boy, the love of her life." I nodded in return before they left. I sighed as 5 minutes passed, I kept watching Zac, waiting for him to wake up.

"What's going on?" Zac muttered, as he started to move around confused. I looked up in surprise, not expecting the sudden sound of his voice. I slowly swam to him, cautiously. He caught my glance and looked at me, I saw the anger slowly rise up his face.

"I remember...I remember what you tried to do to me!" He yelled at me, I didn't like it when people yelled at me, it made me feel small and overpowered.

"You understand why I did what I did." I said in monotone. He let out a huff and shook his head.

"I can't believe you! Why can't you leave me alone!" He charged to me, I thought he was gonna hit me, so I flinched in response, confusion took over Zac's face.

"Why did you flinch?" He questioned, perfectly hearing his Australian accent.

"Did you think I was gonna hit you?" He said in alarm. 

"You used your powers against me, of course I would think you would hit me!" I shot back, my Australian accent peaked through.

"I don't bring harm to people, especially not a girl."

"Do you want me to remind you of the first time we met?" I sassed. He rolled his eyes in annoyance, before he could reply, the girls swam in along with brown haired woman, they stayed behind her, obviously afraid of a merman.

"Zac?" She questioned.

"Yea?" He rose his eyebrows.

"I know why Sophia wasn't allowed to take away Zac's powers." 

"Really? Why?" I took sudden interest. 

"I wasn't sure at first, but now with the recent situation, I know for sure. The queen had a son, she sent him away to keep him safe, she was powerful enough to cloak his tail, and live as a human on land, even with touching water. His tail was kept hidden, from him and everyone around him. Zac that son was you, when you fell into the moon pool that night, it broke the spell and now your in your true form." Rita said. I looked in shock at her, Zac's royalty?