8. Bionic

"Hey!" I greeted the Davenport's as I walked into their house as if it was mine. Chase looked up from the sofa, he smiled warmly. He was the only one in the living room, everyone was else where in the house, probably the lab.

"Hey Chase." I sat next to him, I looked around my surroundings and looked back at Chase.

"How are you feeling?" I whispered to Chase, he knew I meant his bruise on his chest. He rolled his eyes.

"Don't worry Sophia, I can handle it, no need to whisper, I'm fine." I looked at Chase unsurely.

"Okay, okay..." I said.

"Chase, I've been wanting to ask you something." He looked at me. Should I tell him?

"I...I have been having these dreams.." I softly said looking down, he furrowed his eyebrows and his hand went up to my chin, making me look straight in his eyes.

"What's going on?" He said curiously.

"Every time I have a dream, I'm either crying, or screaming to some person not to leave me alone." I said confused by the thought. Chase looked confused too.

"Chase I think I'm seeing my future." I said straight forward.

"Sophia, when did you start having these dreams?" Chase questioned.

"A while back, I don't remember exactly, can you help me figure this out?" I asked Chase with pleading eyes.

"I could try and record your sleeping patterns while your sleeping, and Davenport just unlocked a new ability for me, I'm able to go into other peoples mind, I can see what you see if you let me."

"Yes of course, I want to stop these dreams, they're starting to freak me out."  Chase nodded.

"Let's go to the lab." Chase extended his hand to me, I grabbed his hand and he pulled me along to the lab. We found Davenport working on something on his cyber desk, clearly he was getting frustrated.

"Davenport, what are you doing?" Chase asked, Davenport got startled and dropped his things to the floor, he grunted before he looked over at us and raised an eyebrow, looking at our hands.

"I should be asking you that question, love birds." He said stretching out the "love birds" part, I didn't realize that Chase was still holding my hand, I quickly pulled my hand away and smiled at Davenport.

"Mr. Davenport, just answer my question." Chase said annoyed. Davenport rolled his eyes and muttered something under his breathe.

"Those blood samples I took from Sophia, I found something odd with it." I looked up alarmed.

"Is it bad?" I asked.

"No, not at all, it's just interesting, your blood changes color, it's red when your in human form and blue when you're in mermaid form." I raised my eyebrows at him.

"Why?" 

"Because when you're a mermaid you have gill like lungs and you take in oxygen a different way humans do, your lungs can take in water and use it as oxygen, while us humans can't, or I'm guessing that's how it works, I've never studied mermaids until you showed up." I laughed slightly at Davenport.

I felt a pain in my side, I groaned and bent over, I quickly looked at Chase to see a pained expression on his face and saw Krane standing right behind him, Krane attacked Chase and I felt everything he felt, how did Krane get here?

"Krane what are you doing here?!" Davenport exclaimed.

"I'm just giving my friends a little visit." He spat. Davenport looked at me.