Intro

The Blue Moon pack was sad at the loss of their great Alpha, Luna and Beta. Their Alpha and Luna were brutally murdered by a gang of Rogue at his house. They were having a meeting with their Beta in the Alpha's office when suddenly they were attacked with a dozen of rogues. How did they get past through the pack's boundary undetected remained a mystery. The Beta had sacrificed himself to save the Alpha and his family but they were surrounded and the rogues have silver knives, soaked with wolfbane. So the couple did what's best; saving their daughter.

Despite the chaos, the Alpha managed to get one of the rogues dead bodies and covered his daughter with the rogue's blood to cover her sweet scent. Then the Luna wrapped her with a blanket and hide her in the closet. With heavy hearts, they kissed their little daughter for the last time and told her to stay hidden until their pack members came. If the girl wasn't mute and has a voice, she would beg for their parents to stay with her or take her with them but sadly, she's mute and scared as hell. Plus, her father has used his Alpha tone to make her obey their last request. So she had to obey and watched silently as her parents got tortured by a few masked men. She couldn't see their faces or identify their scents of course but when one of them stepped forward, she smelled a familiar scent.

The Alpha was covered with blood and bruises. He tried to shift but they have plugged him with silver knives, cloaked with wolfbane and left them at his stomach and thighs, preventing him from transforming into his mighty wolf. The Luna's condition is much worse. They have beaten her repeatedly until she's too weak to move. Her mate desperately tried to shake off the rogues but they have overpowered him and the venom started to burn his blood.

When one of the masked men stepped forward, the Alpha grey eyes widened in shock and anger. "Why?" he growled.

The man, maybe the leader, chuckled. A chuckle that the little girl knows so well. He raised his gun that was loaded with silver bullets and pointed it at the Alpha's forehead. "It should've been me from the start." He snarled. "Instead, he picked you because of your so-called pure damn heart." 

"Maybe father had foreseen the future and knew that the pack will fall with your greed and cruelty."  

In lightning speed, he punched and kicked the Alpha's face until his nose broke and bled. The Alpha accepted the pain and refused to even let out a grunt of pain but with the sound of the beating and through their bond, the Luna can feel her mate's pain and it breaks her heart at each blow he received.

"Please..." She plea weakly but they caught her soft voice. The Luna tried to get up and protect her mate but fail miserably. "Please, don't..hurt...him." She begged with tears in her eyes.

The kicks and punches stopped and there was a short silence before the sound of a gunshot banged in the late night. The man in charge had changed his aim at the Luna and shot her right through her brain. The girl cupped her mouth to stop her gasps from escaping while the Alpha stared at his mate's lifeless body. He was stunned for a moment before he started to scream in pain at the loss of his other half. The rogues held him down as he struggled to reach his dead mate, wanting to find her beating heart again. The leader pointed back the gun at him. 

"Now it's my turn to rule," he said, smirking behind the mask before he shot the Alpha a few times.

The girl watched her father slump to the floor, opposite her mother. The man stared at his action while asking one of the rogues. "Where's the girl?" 

"We can't smell her in the house. She might have escaped from here." one of the rogues said calmly.

The leader growled. "Find her and kill her! Now!"

With that, they ran and left the house. When the Alpha's command started to fade, the girl made sure the coast is clear before she got out from her hiding spot and crawled toward her parents. She touched her mother's hand but it was cold like ice and she almost throws up when she saw her mother's face. The little girl sobbed mutely until she heard her father's weak voice, calling her name. "Selyen."

She turned around quickly and saw her father was still alive but dying due to blood loss and the poison. The wolf bane was burning inside him and he was too weak to fight it off especially when his wolf spirit has given up when his beloved mated died right in front of him brutally. The girl, Selyen quickly grabbed her father's hand, begging him not to leave her yet with her eyes. The Alpha was crying too, knowing that he was about to die and leave his mute daughter alone and unprotected in this cruel world. He wanted to fight, at least for their daughter but both he and his wolf cannot handle the physical and the separation from his mate. With his last strength, he squeezed Selyen's little hand. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, my little warrior." he gasped when the poison burns his system. "Be strong, Selyen. Promise me you'll always be strong and do not take revenge on him. Please?"

The girl nodded furiously yet her mind was not clear as her fear of losing her father starts to consume her. Her father smiled faintly, remembering that his daughter and his mate was the best thing he ever had in his life. It's such a shame that he couldn't watch his Selyen grow up and become a beautiful woman or the feeling of having a grandchild. "We love you, Selyen." the Alpha started to drift away to another realm. "Always..." With that, her father let out his last breath and leave the young mute girl forever. 

Selyen cried harder as her father closed his eyes and stop breathing. She wished she has a voice so she could scream in sadness and anger so the people could feel her pain and loss. The pack members arrived after they felt the loss of their leaders and they found her holding her mother's cold hand and half lying on her father's body until the pack members arrived.

The next day, the pack was forced to hold a meeting to choose a new Alpha of the Blue Moon pack. The heir of the Alpha title should go directly to Selyen but she was too young to be a female Alpha and her disability to speak might be a problem and a shame to their great pack. So instead, they decided to pick her uncle as a new pack leader since he shared the same Alpha's blood with his late brother and former Alpha. As soon as the meeting finished, they went to the cemetery to give their last respect to their beloved Alpha, wised Luna and the loyal Beta, who had also fallen while protecting the Alpha.

The weather seemed to feel their sadness and losses so it let its tears fall softly on them, or maybe it was the Goddess herself, crying from above after she too witness what had happened that night.

Selyen was too tired to cry again and instead of watching her parents and Beta getting buried, she looked at her uncle who was standing 15 feet away from her and has a small barely smile on his face. The girl was too young to realize that a small spark of anger was born inside her and it was ignited because she remembered, recognized and identified the scent and the voice of the man who killed her parents.

And he was standing 15 feet away from her.