Chapter 2

I was badly beaten...by Chase and his fucking gang. Why? Well, let's just say that he didn't like his future Beta getting kicked by a mute girl.

It wasn't that tough and it was a fight of two against one. The only problem was I have to eliminate Kael first because he was my main opponent and also the main threat. Since he's my instructor and I'm one of his students, we are both able to read each other's movements almost clearly. When I sparred with him, he'll give everything he got and thank god, I managed to dodge and give a few kicks. He was strong but I was faster. With my speed, I tricked him by striking forward, looking like I was trying to punch him but at the last seconds, I ran on four like I was in my wolf form and tackled him down. I land my feet on his stomach with one hand on his neck. If he was the enemy I would have pulled his throat out.

Jasper tried to take me by surprise when I fought with Kael but I shook him off, pushing him away like a fly. When Kael was out, I saw the panic flash in his eyes. He ran toward me while I stood still and wait until he was closer. He throw his fist to my face but I dodge it well but he grabbed my wrist, pulled me forward and give an uppercut at my stomach. That hurt like a bitch. I gasp and that seemed to trigger the flame within me and Diane. We refused to get beaten by this asshole.

I push him away and took a few steps back and growl at him. Jasper smirked like he was winning so he confidently struck again. He used the same movement he did to me just now so I wait for a few seconds before he raises his hand and I quickly sidestep to my left and sent him a sidekick right at his ribs. I guess I put too much energy on my leg that causes him to fly to his other side and hit a tree. His friends quickly take him to the pack doctors. I heard he has 3 broken ribs and a few fractured bones.

Then Chase accused me of attempting to hurt a pack member and the future Beta so he punished me, beat me up. At this point, I can't fight him back since he's the Alpha's son and if I laid a finger on him, I probably end up dead. That was the warning that Robert gave to me when I was 13 and I believe in his threats. So I accept the pain without any resistance.

Now the training was over and I'm on my way to report myself at Robert's office in the packhouse. The 'house' is huge, almost the size of a warehouse, with countless bedrooms, bathrooms and some dungeon. I probably looked like I was brought back from death, with dirt and maybe some blood on my face but I or no one gives a shit about my appearance anymore. 

Slowly, I went up to the Alpha's office and knocked on the door twice and he instantly answered 'come in'. I got a bad feeling about this as I open the wooden door and stepped inside. Papers and maps were laid on the table and they were a few markings on it. I tried to take everything in but he covered the maps by standing in front of the desk, blocking my view. I looked up and met his cloud grey eyes. He has the same eye colour as dad but dad's grey are pale or brighter, almost looking like silver than grey. Robert has brown hair while my dad's hair was black and he was a foot taller than Robert.

A true Alpha.

Robert crossed his hands across his chest. "You're behaving badly today, girl." He stated it and I lower my head, trying to look like I was submitting. My wolf, Diane, growled in my head. You shouldn't lower your head too low, Lyen

It's just an act, Diane. I retort. Everything is an act. And besides, It's one of the few body languages that they understand. I don't know any sign language or ASL that I suppose to learn since I can't speak and that is because they didn't want to waste their money and energy on someone like me, of course. 

"The Luna told me you didn't finish your house chores and lack of focus. Then my son reported to me that you came late for training." He said and stares at me emotionless. I can actually speak through our pack mind link but I didn't because it's just a waste. If I argue, he'll consider that as disrespecting the Alpha and the punishment is something that I don't want to face yet. I saw what he did to some of the members who he thinks they'd disrespect him. He'll beat them up in his wolf form until they couldn't move a muscle. Then the worst part is when he injects wolf bane into their body. Most of them die after the punishment. The council tried to stop him but they end up being punished too for disobeying the Alpha.