Chapter 19

*I tried to update ASAP but my final exams are around the corner. but anyway, thank you to @QueenOfRebellion , @KhomeshSakeesing , @screamer_girl and  @CheneeLeilanniClarke for the comments and votes! Thank you so much for spending your time to read this story. ^_^*

In lightning speed, I pushed him away and was on my feet, putting a distance between us. Ian got up too but his eyes glued to my left side of my waist as if he can see the scar through the sweater. His eyes meet mine again and I know he has questions ready to be  shoot at me but goddess, I don't want to talk about my past when I'm closer to my future. 

Ian sudden low growl make me flinch and step back. 

"Did your Alpha do that?" His voice was strain and his arms are shaking like he's trying to control his anger. I was actually surprised that he right away suspect Robert did this to me. "Tell me, Selyen."

'I think you're seeing things, Ian.' I said carefully.

"Don't lie to me now!" He snarl and his eyes turn darker and dangerous. His Alpha power starts to radiate, trying to make me submit to him but honestly, it makes me angry since he's trying to bow an Alpha. "I saw and felt it. You can't hide that from me. You have to tell me who did that to you!"

He's pressuring me with his intimidate Alpha aura and it start to annoyed me. I was unable to control my growl from escaping from my mouth anymore. 'No!' I mentally scream and watch him. Ian flinched when he felt my Alpha aura and I mentally curse. I should be keeping under the radar, for Goddess sake but after last night everything felt so sensitive. My vision, my hearing and my senses are just too much. It's like every inside me has been upgrade or something. Is this what it feels like to be bloomed? I thought people will feel just normal.

"Selyen, please." his voice change into soft and I found myself relax at his soft voice. "He or whoever did that to you is not gonna hurt you anymore. I'll protect you, I promise."

'It's not about afraid that he will hurt me anymore, Ian.' I slowly admit and look away. 'I just, I don't want to remember it.' I gulp and make myself look like I was being haunted by my bitter past. From the corner of my eyes, I saw him sighed and run his hand through his hair. His eyes blanks out and it was either he was talking to Adam, his beta or Adrian, his wolf. 

He sighed again. "I'm sorry." He took a step closer and I took a step back, acting like I was hurt and scare by his anger. I hate lying and pretending that I'm weak but Ian is too close to find the truth about me and my pack. I want to believe him and spill everything but I'm so confused right now. I don't know who to trust anymore. I don't know who's an ally or a foe. 

He is our mate, Selyen. How can you doubt him? Diane whisper in my head and I swear I could feel her sad at my thoughts. He won't do anything or take anything from us. He has his own code but I believe he will respect other's too if we be honest.

I'll be honest when I'm ready, Diane. I said slowly. I look at him and say, 'No, I'm sorry Ian. This is something that I have to keep away from you, for now.'

His eyes change into emptiness, like he just switch his emotions off. His expression change into the man that caught me trespassing his territory, the man who hate the rogues and willing to hunt them down. He nods in emotionless. "Okay." He stepped back and headed for the door. He pause when he reached the door. "Get rest. You won't be training today." he said without looking at me. He open the door and slammed it shut.

My heart clenched and word of guilty keep whisper in my head and beg me to ask his forgiveness and tell him the truth. But I held my ground. No, this is something that I have to do to safe my pack. Father has told me before, a pack is important than your life but he also reminds me, that a mate is like once in a blue moon so he said sometimes, an Alpha has to make a sacrifice.