Chapter 21

(Ian POV)

It's actually hard to believe that a mute girl has a power of an Alpha, a strong one in fact. But how can she control her Alpha aura, I don't know because it is actually hard to hide something that truely define yourselves. Maybe I did sense it, back when she defended the two rogues and when she snapped at Elai this morning, but it was either I was too naive to acknowledge it or too stupid to put it together. No wonder I felt irritated or challenge every time her eyes glow in silvers; it was her Alpha aura ascending, wanting to be known but then it was gone in a blink of an eye and maybe that's why I couldn't grasp the truth about Selyen. 

I watched her go with the pack doctors and carried her Beta to the infirmary. The truth is right now, I don't know what to feel. I don't quite feel like I was betrayed, I don't feel anger toward her for keeping her true identity from me but I do feel hurt when she decided to keep it all from me. 

She must have an explanation. Adrian said. Every Alpha has to decide something with a reason to it. You know that yourselves, Ian.

I stay quite for a moment and watch as the other pack doctors carried Ethan to the infirmary too. Selyen must be too occupied and concerned about her Beta so asking her about herself now is not a good idea I think. But Ethan must have found something when he track and spied the rogue and it has connection with Selyen's pack and I need to know what's going on. 

Adam and Hiro have stayed patiently, waiting for my next orders restlessly. Of course, I knew they and the others are feeling restless now with the presence of another Alpha in our territory. Their sense of alertness increase as if waiting and ready to attack in order to protect the pack and the Alpha. It's a nature of werewolves living in pack; they live and protect the pack and the Alpha and Luna. Now that Selyen has drop her veil and revealing her true self, everyone is in a state of confusion; Is she an ally, a conquer or their Luna? Plus, an Alpha is very possessive in almost everything including the instinct to rule his/her pack. Since she's an Alpha, it will be her choice to either combine our pack together or stay separated. 

Neither Adrian and I want the second option.

"Stand down, boys." I look at Adam and Hiro before glancing at where she has gone. "She's an ally."

(Selyen's POV)

An hour past and I sat on a chair beside Sam's bed. Ian's pack doctors were fast enough to heal his wounds but the venom from a werewolf claw has enter his bloodstream and they say there is also wolfbane in his blood. Although the docs claimed that there is no wound that has been slice or stab with silver knife and wolfbane at him which it make me confuse on how did the wolfbane get into his system. The docs are able to contained the fever from increasing and took out some of the wolfbane away but for now, he's going to rest and let the fever fade away. 

This is my fault. He ran from the pack to find me. Why? I don't know that yet but it's not a good news. Something had happen over there and having Sam, my Beta almost bleed to death show that someone didn't want him to leak what's going on within the pack. What have Robert and his ally rogue done?

I shouldn't have force you to run. Diane said. If we didn't run, our Beta wouldn't be in danger. 

If we didn't run, we both be dead by now. I retort. 

Sam jerk suddenly and snarl in pain. I got up and held the fallen wet towel to placed it back on his forehead. He's body temperature is like roller coaster and docs said it will be over in a few hours but the venom and wolfbane are definitely causing a lot of pain in his body which it cause his body to shakes and sweats uncontrollably.