MICHELLE'S STORY (Clerihew)

Author Note: There are several Clerihew poems below. A Clerihew is whimisical biography of someone famous from an unusual point of view. A clerihew has four lines of irregular length (for comic effect). The first line is person's name. It is not necessary for the first and second lines rhyme with each other, and the third and fourth lines rhyme with each other they frequently do.

Michelle Payne
Raced in the Melbourne Cup again.
After winning the race she was so chuffed.
She frankly told her doubters they could get stuffed.

November 2015 Michelle Payne becomes the first female jockey to win one of the worlds biggest races; the Melbourne Cup. Michelle is a very hard working jockey who deserved her historic win on a 101 outsider. She was always confident she would win the race and her brother Stevie the horses strapper correctly predicted with horse would take the lead with 200 metres to run. The following poems are dedicated to her and her stead.

Just for fun here's another one:

Michelle Payne
recovered from an apparent career ending injury to her brain.
Because she isn't male so many tried to stop her ride.
They are surely silent now that she's won with all her girly pride.

heres another one

Prince of Penzance
At 101 odds who thought him a chance.
A lady on board for the 2015 Melbourne Cup Race.
Left all the jockeys with egg on their face.

If you enjoyed these poems please vote, share and comment and let me know which you preferred.