~Chapter One~

"Hey listen I gotta go we're here, love you," I told my sister before hanging up my phone. I tucked it into my bag sitting at my feet then sat up and looked out the windshield. My dad was pulling through the wraught iron gate that was the entrance of Red Oak Academy, one of the most prestigious boarding schools in the country. I was mostly here for the riding program but the academics were important too.

In the trailer behind my dad's black F-150, was my bay warmblood gelding, Platinum Playboy or just Dandy. He was six years old and I loved him more than the world itself.

I focused on the road in front of me again as we rounded a bend and the campus came into view. I was stunned by the beautiful buildings we passed. My dad turned away from the large buildings, following the arrows pointing to the stables.

We parked in a parking lot a little ways away from the stables and I hopped out of the seat and ran around to the window Dandy's nose was sticking out of. I went around to the back and lowered the ramp and opened up the doors. I walked up and unlatched the divider and led him off the trailer.

He pranced on the end of the leadrope as we made our way toward the giant barn. From where I was I could see at least four different outdoor arenas and a handful of lounging pens. I led Dandy through the doorway into the spacious isleway. My jaw dropped in awe. The impeccable aisle shown and nothing was out of place. Dandy and I wandered down the aisle looking for his stall. We found it in the third aisle.

His name shown on the metal nameplate that was attached to his dark lacquered door. The stall was about sixteen feet by sixteen feet. Inside was an automatic waterer and grain bin as well as a hay rack hanging in the corner already stuffed with hay. On the floor was a thick layer of sawdust.

I let Dandy off his leadrope and let him go into the stall. He wandered around, exploring his new home. I watched him for a few minutes then went to find the tack room to put my stuff away.

As I wandered down the aisle, I read the nameplates on the doors of the stalls. I went around the corner to go back to meet my parents when I crashed into someone.

"Ahhhh! Look what you did you clumsy idiot," I heard someone yell. When I regained my balance I looked at who I had bumped into. Standing in front of me was a blonde girl about my age. Her ice blue eyes were glaring at me. It was then that I noticed the brown liquid going all the way down the front of her designer clothes. "You made me spill my diet coke all over myself," she said, still yelling.

"Oh my gosh I am so sorry I didn't try to, I promise," I said. "What can I do," I asked.

"You can leave my presence and better hope you don't do anything else to make me mad or you will regret ever coming here. You got it!?" she said angrily.

I nodded my head quickly then hurried out the door to the parking lot where my parents were waiting to help me get settled into my dorm. We all grabbed something and we basically had everything but my extra pair of riding boots.

We followed yet another set of arrows for new students to the dorm buildings. I was in Washington Hall. We walked through the doors and stepped into the sky blue hallways. We stopped at the dorm monitor, Sheila's, messy office and grabbed my room key with Sheila promising to come up and explain the rules in a minute.

We reached my dorm, number 302, and I unlocked the door. I looked around once I got inside and gasped. It was almost nicer than my bedroom at home. There were three separate doors leading out of a spacious living area. There was a mini kitchenette in the corner. I peeked behind the three doors and found that two were bedrooms and the other was a nice sized bathroom.

I dropped my stuff in the closest room, claiming it as mine. I walked back out to the main room and my parents and I hugged for a few minutes until Sheila knocked and came in.

"Ok, here are the basic rules. No boys allowed in this building at any time. Lights out before ten. Study for at least thirty minutes every night. Everything else is in the pamphlet you recieved in the mail. Classes start Monday so you have tomorrow and the next day to get settled. If you need anything come talk to me. Oh, and one more thing... have fun," Sheila said.

She left and I turned to my parents. "So I guess this is where we say our goodbyes huh?" I ask, twirling a piece of my hair around my finger.

"Yeah," my mom says quietly, wrapping me in another big hug.

"Bye Rilee," my dad says. "Remember to call or text us as often as you can and don't forget we love you so much."

"I love you guys too. Buhbye," I say, my eyes brimming with tears. "See you in about a month for Fall Break." I wave bye to their backs as they walk back to the car.

I decide to hang out and watch some Netflix on the provided flat screen TV while I wait for my roomate. I soon lost myself in Heartland and hardly noticed the door open and a girl walk in.

"Rilee Black?" a girl questioned.

I turned around.  So this was my roomate...

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××
Hey guys! Thanks so much for reading this. Hopefully you love it. Please vote, comment, share. It would mean so much to me.

This chapter is dedicated to @ItsMeHayleigh162! Thanks for being a great friend! ♥♥

The person in the media is Rilee!

If you have any feedback that would be great!

Teaser: So... Rilee's roomie... what will she be like???

Kisses,
Abbi ♥♥♥