~Chapter Six~

The rest of the week was filled with tough classes, pop quizes homework, and practicing for the test on Saturday. Every morning I woke up at six and rode for an hour. Then I would get ready for school and eat breakfast with Tori.

Friday was no different. I had woken up that morning and rode. After my normal classes were done, I headed to Photography, the elective I had chosen.

I went into the classroom and the first person my eyes landed on was Drew. I smiled and walked over to him. "I didn't know you liked photography," I said.

"I could say the same about you," he replied. "When I was about ten, I got a camera and I spent all of my free time taking pictures. Some actually turned out all right."

"Wow, I don't think I've even taken twenty pictures total in my life if selfies don't count."

He laughed and the teacher walked in. She was young and not very tall. Her hair was black and in a short bob. She was wearing a black skirt and a red ruffled shirt.

"Alright class, welcome to Photography! I am Miss Reynolds and I will be your teacher. We are going to get started! If you don't have a camera with you please make your way to the front and grab one of these cameras," she motioned to the table in front of her where about twenty cameras were sitting.

I went up and got one along with about seven other people not including Drew who had brought his. We went outside and took some pictures of anything we thought looked cool. Drew had me pose hanging upside down by my legs on a tree branch. He showed me it afterwards and it looked cute.

After an hour, the class was over and Drew and I headed back to our dorms. "What are you going to do now," he asked me.

I glanced at the time on my phone,"Well since it's only four I'm gonna go ride Dandy then get him ready for the test tomorrow. Then I'm gonna get my homework done so I don't have to worry about it this weekend."

"Cool, that sounds fun. I have to go to soccer practice. See you later."

"Bye," I waved. I headed back towards my dorm. Once I got there, I threw my school stuff on my desk and grabbed some riding clothes. I pulled on some grass stained breeches because I was planning on washing Dandy and an old pink American Eagle sweatshirt. I wrote a quick note to Tori telling her where I was and that I wouldn't be back until later.

I pulled on paddock boots and old half chaps. I carried my muck boots with me. I headed down to the barn and got Dandy tacked up. I grimaced at his dirty tack and made a mental note to clean it before tomorrow.

We went to one of the empty indoor arenas and I started warming up on the rail. After a few minutes, I turned him to the middle of the arena and worked on figure eights and lead changes. After that I worked on some dressage.

I looked down, Dandy's neck was just beginning to break into a sweat. I gave him and quick pat then looked to the small course that was on the far side of the arena.

The course consisted of six jumps. They ranged from 2'9" to 3'6". The order was: vertical to oxer line, half circle to hogback, oxer in and out with one stride, and a brightly colored vertical to finish.

I pointed Dandy toward the first jump and we cleared it easily. Since it was a line, I kept pressure on him and looked to the next jump which was four strides away. We leaped over it and continued on.

I picked up on my inside rein and pushed against his side with my foot and Dandy made a half circle. We headed for the hogback and flew over it with ease. I urged him on to the in and out- our worst area. I found the right pace and we settled into a rhythm.