~Chapter Twelve~

I groaned as I made my way around the arena for the third time at a posting trot- with no stirrups. It was our Saturday afternoon lesson and we were working hard. At the beginning of the lesson, Mr. Jones had informed us that we had a small schooling show the next week.

"Canter please," he said and I urged Dandy into a ground-eating canter. We went around like this for two laps then he told us to go through the middle one at a time and do a flying lead change.

I was super focused on doing the change right. I turned Dandy to the middle and prepared to do a lead change when Regina came out of nowhere and cut in front of me. I pulled Dandy out of her way and circled back to the rail. She and Clue did a perfect lead change and continued in the other direction.

"Stop right now!" Mr. Jones commanded. We all halted. "What was that?" He looked at both me and Regina.

"She tried to cut me off," I said, glaring at Regina.

"I did not! I called out that I was going to go, she was the one who didn't listen!" She replied,

I looked up,"You didn't call it!"

"Actually Miss Black she did call it, I heard her," Mr Jones said. I whipped around and looked at him surprised. "However since both of you displayed dangerous behavior, you will both have muck duty for a week."

What!?!

We both nodded and went back out to the rail when Mr Jones told us to. Regina headed right to the front of the line while I headed to the back of the line.

We moved to a canter and, when told to, Regina headed through the middle and pulled off a perfect lead change. The rest of the line followed, everyone doing a successful change.

When it was my turn, I urged Dandy to canter. He lept forward into a bumpy, quick one. I turned him to the middle and asked for the change. He crowhopped and continued on the wrong lead. I asked again and he didn't listen.

I pulled him down to a trot then went back up to the canter heading the other direction. I took a deep breath and let it out, realising Dandy was picking up on my nerves.

We made a sweeping turn into the middle and I asked again for a lead change. This time, Dandy obeyed and switched. I went a few strides the other direction then slowed him down to a walk. I patted his neck as I made my way back to the group waiting in the center.

My cheeks burned in embarrassment at my ride. I took the last spot beside Regina and she smirked at me,"Many more rides like that and you will be kicked off the team for sure."

"Shut up," I hissed through my clenched teeth.

We looked up as Mr Jones started speaking,"That may not have bee your best ride Miss Black but I am still impressed. You could have gave up when he didn't listen the first time but instead you realized he was feeding off of your nerves so you chose to keep going. And in the end it worked, Dandy listened and did what you asked him to."

I nodded, happy with the rare compliment.

"Just so you know ladies, and gentleman," he said looking at Cody,"None of you had perfect rides for your tests, I chose you because you all have potential. You can't come everyday and expect to know everything. You will all have things to learn and if you think you are too good then you may as well leave now. I take riding very seriously. Do you understand?"

"Yes sir," we replied. I looked over at Regina and she was rolling her eyes at Jenni. She nodded and rolled hers back.

I  rolled my eyes at them as Mr Jones told us we were dismissed. We dismounted and started walking in lazy circles to cool down the horses.

Raelynn and Liz walked over and started walking with me. "That's ridiculous, Regina did that to make you look bad," Raelynn said.

Liz nodded in agreement,"She really is out to get you."

"I know! During your riding teat a few weeks ago, she told me Drew couldn't take a relationship seriously and she wouldn't be surprised if he was cheating," I frowned.

Liz shook her head,"Don't listen to her, she's probably just saying that to make you mad."

Raelynn agreed with a nod of her head.

"Thanks guys," I said. "I have to go, Drew and I are meeting up at the SC to hang out for a little while so bye!"

"Bye!" Raelynn and Liz waved.

I got back to Dandy's stall and I untacked him and put him in his stall after brushing him down. I headed back to my dorm.

I grabbed a pair of black skinny jeans and a soft white tee that looked like a baseball uniform. I pulled on a pair of converse amd headed out the door with my phone.

I made my way to the SC admiring the beautiful fall colors exploding everywhere on campus. I peeked through the glass to see if Drew was waiting inside and I couldn't believe what I saw.

He. Was. Sitting. With. A. Girl. She had her back to me but I could see her blond hair. She threw her head back in laughter and I recognized her. It was Regina!

I couldn't believe him! He told me he was over her and never wanted to get back with her again! I ran away from the SC as fast as I could, my tears blinding me.

After a few minutes I slowed to a walk and sat down on a bench. I dried my tears on my shirt as I tried to calm down.

"Rilee? Is that you? What are you doing here?" I heard someone say behind me.

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××
Hello!!

I'm so sorry for the slow updates!!! Basketball is taking up so much of my time! It's ridiculous! But I love it. :D

Anyway... I hope you enjoyed! Who do you think saw Rilee after 'the incident'?

This chapter is dedicated to SydneyVasq! Thank you for your votes!!

In the media is Jenni, Regina's 'friend'.

That's all for now but hopefully I'll get an update up this weekend! Fingers crossed! :D

Kisses,
Abbi ♡♡