~Chapter Four~

I left the tack room and started wandering back to my dorm. On the way I saw a cute little shop called the Sugar Café. The outside was cute, being decorated as if it was a café in France. I decided to go in and get something.

The smell of warm peanut butter cookies hit me as I walked through the door. I walk up to the counter and the barista, a girl who looks to be a few years older than me, asks me what I would like.

I look at the menu and decide to get a double chocolate brownie and a strawberry smoothie.  I tell the barista my order, hand her my student card, and sit at a small corner booth. I pull out my phone and lay it on the table. I notice I have a new text message from Drew. We had exchanged numbers at lunch quickly.

I opened the message:

Drew: hey what r u doin

I texted him back:

Rilee: stopped by sugar cafe on way back from barn

Drew: can I join u

Rilee: sure, no prob :)

Drew: on my way

I set my phone back down on the table as the barista set my smoothie and brownie down on the table. "Thanks," I smiled up at her. She smiled then went back to the counter.

I picked up my spoon and my stomach growled in anticipation. I laughed to myself then put the spoonful of brownie into my mouth. It tasted so good, it almost melted in my mouth. I swallowed then took a sip of my smoothie. It was delicious as well.

I heard the bell above the door ring, announcing the arrival of someone, and I looked up and saw Drew. I waved and he waved back before walking up to the counter to order.  

A few minutes later he walked over and sat across from me. I smiled and said hi.

"How are you doing," he asked me.

"Pretty good except I've got lost a few times, I'm super stressed about my riding test, and I'm not ready for classes to start in two days," I complained.

"Don't worry, I was lost for the first couple of days too. You will do super on your riding test, I don't think anyone is ready for school to start."

We chatted for a while then I looked at the time on my phone and gasped, it was after eight thirty and Tori would be wondering where I was. "I'm so sorry but I really have to go, I had no idea it was this late," I told Drew apologetically.

"Okay can I at least walk you back to your dorm," he asked.

"Sure," I replied, surprised. We stood up and exited the Sugar Café. I wrapped my arms around my shoulders and shivered slightly in the cold night.

Drew looked at me slightly concerned,"Do you want my jacket?"

"That's okay,"I protested but he wrapped it around my shoulders anyways. I smiled to myself as the smell of mint and his soap washed over me.

When we got back to Washington Hall, I turned to him. "Thanks for joining me at the SC. I had a fun time," I told him.

"I did too," he said. We stared at each other for a few seconds then he leaned in and our lips touched. I felt shivers run down my spine and I physically shivered.

Drew stepped back and looked at me. "You should get inside, you're getting cold again," he said.

"Will do. Bye Drew," I waved then headed through the doors into the hall.

I went to my dorm and noticed Tori had hung a whiteboard on our door. Written on the board in big bubble letters was Tori and Rilee's Room. I smiled then slid my key into the lock and unlocked the door.

Tori was laying on her bed reading a book. When I opened the door she sat up. "Where were you? I thought I was going to have to call someone to help me find you!"

"Okay, okay after I rode, I found this cute little place called the Sugar Café. I decided to go in and get something. Drew texted me and asked what I was doing. I told him and he came and we talked for a little while."

"That's cool did you have fun?"

"Yeah."

"Is that all that happened?" She asked, cocking an eyebrow curiously.

I nodded, "Yes!"

"Well I don't believe you," she replied, looking at me carefully.

"Okay, so maybe we kissed."

"Ha! I knew it! Was it a good kiss?"

"Yes!" I rolled my eyes before grabbing some PJs and heading to the bathroom. After my shower, I french braided my own hair really tight so when I took it out tomorrow it would be super curly. I pulled on a pair of red plaid pants and a long sleeved tight red shirt.

I climbed into bed and grabbed my Mac off the bedstand next to my bed. I opened up my email and saw I had an email from Mr. Jones, our riding instructor. I opened it up:

Dear Miss Black,

This email is in regards to your riding test. The test will be in one week on next Saturday. You will be tested in three different areas. They are as follows:

1. Flat Work
2. Dressage
3. Jumping

Your test will be individual. It will start at ten AM sharp. I expect you to be on time and prompt. I am only accepting six riders for the advanced team so I suggest you try your best. The arenas will be available to practice in from six AM to nine PM. Please contact me with any further questions you may have. Thank you.

Sincerely,
Mr. Jones
ROA Head Riding Instructor

I stared at the screen. That meant I only had one week to prepare for one of the most important tests of the year. I gulped then closed my laptop. I laid it on my nightstand, turned out my light, then rolled over after saying goodnight to Tori. I had to make the advanced team to show everyone I was meant to be here. Hardcore practicing, here I come!

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××
A/N

Hey guys! Thanks bunches for reading this. Please, please, please comment what you think. I am always up for advice and suggestions.

This chapter is dedicated to Wolfdog224! Thanks! ♡♡

I feel like this is moving SUPER slow so I will try to go a little faster (I mean come on four chapters for one day is a little crazy)

The person in the media is Drew.

Teaser: First day of school!

Thanks again for reading this, it means the world to me! :D

Kisses,
Abbi ♥♥