~Chapter Ten~

I sat down with a sigh in Advanced English. They morning had gone by slowly and now I had two classes left before lunch. I sat in one of the desks in a cluster.

Ms Hamilton, our English teacher, was really cool. We sat in desks arranged in clusters. A lot of times we read for homework then discussed the book in class the next day. I got out my notes on "The Adventures of Tom Sawyer".

The room started to fill in and everyone took a seat in the circle. Tori sat to my left in the sky blue beanbag. The bell rang and Ms Hamilton walked into the room with a girl.

She was about my height and appeared to be Italian. She had olive skin and brown wavy hair that was medium length and black glasses. "Class please welcome our new student, Elizabeth Galletta."

We all smiled and said hi. "I believe there is an extra spot right next to Rilee over there for you to sit," Mrs. Davis motioned to the desk next to me. "I'll give you two ladies a chance to talk and meet each other for the class period because I know you read the chapter last night Miss Black." I nodded.

Elizabeth walked over and sat down. "Hi," I smiled.

She smiled back,"Hello. What's your name again?"

"Rilee Black," I replied.

"I'm Elizabeth but you can just call me Liz."

"Okay," I smiled. "What dorm are you in Liz?"

She glanced at her packet of papers,"Umm Washington Hall."

"Same!" I said excitedly. "What room number?"

"310."

"Kay so your down the hall a few rooms. Do you ride?"

"Yeah, I brought my red roan quarter horse mare Sadie," she smiled.

"Oh that's cool how old is she?"

"She's eleven. What about you?"

"Yeah I have an Warmblood gelding named Platinum Playboy or Dandy," I replied smiling at the thought of my handsome boy. "When is your riding test?"

"Saturday morning at nine. I'm so nervous!"

"I was too but you'll do fine. Do you want to practice together some time?"

She smiled,"Yeah, that would be great!"

We talked for a while more until the bell rang, signalling the end of class. We exchanged phone numbers quickly then headed to our next classes.

I slipped into World Geography a few seconds before the bell after walking with Drew to his class. I sat at the desk I shared with a girl named Madison and pulled out the world map we had been given to label the night before for homework.

Fourty-five minutes later I almost ran out the door as the bell rang. It's not that I hate geography because I don't it's just that Mr. Baker, our teacher, was suuuper boring.

I made my way to the caf and grabbed a grilled chicken sandwich and some other foods and sat at my "group's" usuall table.

Everyone started filling in the empty seats at the table and we all started chatting about our day.

"Excuse me? Can I sit here?"

I looked up and saw Liz standing with a tray in her hand. I nodded,"Yeah sure!"

She sat down and I introduced her to everyone,"Guys this is Liz. Liz this is Tori, Rian (an intermediate rider), Chad, and Drew," I said, pointing to each in turn.

She smiled and said hi then sat down. We all continued eating and talking. After we were done we headed to our next class which for me was Animal Systems.