~Chapter Twenty One~

A few weeks later I stretched and looked out my window as I woke up. I jumped out of bed and shook Tori awake. "What!? What!?" she said as she slowly sat up. She rubbed her eyes and glared at me. "What's so important that you had to wake me up at-" she looked at the clock beside her bed, "seven in the morning on a Saturday!?"

I laughed, "Good morning sleepyhead! It's snowing!"

She sat up taller, her eyes wide. "Nugh ugh!!" She hopped out of bed and padded over to the window in her fuzzy pink socks. She looked out the window and squealed. "Yay! I can't wait to go sledding, and ice skating, and drink hot cocoa, and so much more!"

I grinned, "Me too! How about we do the last part first- let's go to the SC and get hot cocoa and something good for breakfast."

Tori nodded, "Okay!" She headed to the bathroom to get a shower and I went to my closet to pick out my clothes since I had got a shower the night before.

I pulled on black leggings, a soft, oversized pink shirt, and a grey infinity scarf. To finish the look, I put a pair of silver hoops in my ears and slid my silver Ugg boots on my feet. I threw my brown hair into a messy bun and slipped some gloss on my lips.

Tori emerged from the bathroom and slipped her darkwash skinny jeans into a tall pair of tan fashion boots. She pulled on a coat over her tan lace shirt then dropped her keys and student card into her purse and we headed out the door.

When we stepped into the cold December air, I caught my breathe. It was beautiful. Snow glittered from the branches and the pond had a slim layer of ice on it.

We hurried down the psth to the SC. We stepped into the warm interior as the tiny bell above the door clanged, announcing our presence. I stomped the snow off my boots then followed Tori up to the counter. She looked at the menu, trying to decide what she wanted.

I approached the barrista, a girl that looked to be a senior in high school, and gave her my order of a mint hot chocolate and a chocolate frosted doughnut with sprinkles. She nodded and wrote down my order on a small pad. I handed her my student card and she swiped it then handed it back to me.

I stepped aside and let Tori order. She had decided on a carmal frappe and a blueberry muffin. After she paid, we headed to a table along the windows where we joined a few of our friends. A few minutes later, our breakfast arrived and we started eating.

"Did anyone hear about the new kid?" Mackenzie, a girl from my science class, asked.

We all shook our heads and her bright eyes watched us, excited to be the one to tell us. "Well he's in our grade and-"

"Wait! He's? As in a guy?" Kara asked. She was a cheerleader and in most of my classes.

Mack nodded her head excitedly. "Yeah he has medium-long brown hair and he's pretty tall. Nobody can decide whether hos eyes are grey or blue. He went to Mirror Lake Preparatory-"

"Hold on!" Now I cut Mack off. "You said Mirror Lake? Is his name-"

"-James Anderson." We finished in unison.

Mackenzie looked at me with wide eyes. "You know him!? I hear he's quite the hottie!"

I looked at her in disbelief, "He has a girlfriend." I deadpanned.

She shook her head, "I heard he decided to break up with her before he came here."

"Hmm, y'know, you're not dating anyone right now." Tori winked at me.

I rolled my eyes, "I'm not doing guys right now," I said. "They are too much trouble and I have too much going on right now with horses and school. Besides," I added. "It always turns out like that," I pointed to Cody and Paisley who had just walked in arm in arm.

Tori patted my arm sympathetically. "He just wasn't the one. Don't worry, you'll find him one day."

I smiled, "Thanks Tor, I'm gonna head down to the barn."

She nodded, "Kay, I think I'll stay here for a little while."

I smiled and stood up to leave. When I got out the door, I paused to make sure she wasn't looking then I switched direction and headed away from the barn. I felt bad lying to Tori but I wanted to find James and talk to him.

I headed toward the boys' dorms, not sure of what my plan was going to be. Lucky for me, I didn't need a plan to find James. He found me.

I was walking toward the one dorm, about to pull out my phone and text Drew to see if he knew James and where he would be when all of the sudden, out of nowhere, a snowball smacked into my back.

I yelped in surprise and whipped around to see James with his arm poised with another snowball ready to throw. I held up my hands in mock surrender. "Okay, okay you win!" I laughed.

He dropped the snowflake and walked over to me. "So what brings you to my neck of the woods?" He asked.

"Your neck of the woods!? You mean my neck of the woods? You just moved here." I reminded him.

He smiled, "Yeah, I guess. Anyway, what are you doing here?"

"Looking for you," I replied lightly, watching his face for a reaction.

He looked confused then interested in a matter of two seconds. "Oh really?" He raised his eyebrows and searched my face openly. "Why were you looking for me?"

"To ask you something." He motioned for me to continue, his eyes still on me. "Is it true that you and Jayde broke up?" I blurted out. I covered my mouth.

Whoops, NOT the way I wanted to ask him that. Real smooth Riley, real smooth. Great job.

He just laughed, "Yeah, why? Know any Red Oak gals that would be interested in me?"

I blushed and shrugged, not able to say anything. He pulled me into a tight hug. "I broke up with her because I knew you went here and I wondered if we could ever be a thing." He whispered into my hair.

I looked up into his face, "I don't know, why would I want to date you?" I teased him.

He pulled me closer and our lips touched softly. When we pulled away, he whispered, "That is why."

I smiled coyly, "Want to tell me why again?"

We leaned in again and just as our lips touched, I heard, "Rilee!?" I pulled away from James and glanced wildly toward the sound of the voice.

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××
I'm back!!!

Cliffhanger!?!? Yeah baby, haven't had one of these in a long time!! :D

So, what do you think? I feel like I keep adding more and more people but this should be it for a little while. I liked this chapter and getting Rilee and James close. Who do you think saw them kissing? ;)

This chapter is dedicated to breel15 and kepet123. Thanks for all the support from you both.

Love you all and thanks for reading! I hope to update more often!!

Bye!
Abbi ♥♥