Paul Simonon - The Clash

It was 10:15 on a Saturday night. You went down to the 7-Eleven to get some food to bring in to the cinema. You were going to see "Dawn of the Dead" by yourself, you had invited some friends but they were too scared to come along.

You walked in to 7-Eleven and grabbed a few chocolate bars and a packet of chips, then you walked to the counter to pay for the snacks but you didn't watch where you were walking and you ended up smashing into someone else. They spilled their slurpee all over you.

"Shit" you said, angrily.

"Oh god. I'm sorry" he said getting a serviette to try and wipe the liquid before it stained.

You looked up and saw four punks. You then looked at the one who spilled his drink all over you, he was quite a looker but he really seemed sorry so you felt bad.

"Oh, it's okay, I wasn't watching where I was going" you said, wiping your shirt.

"Watch out next time!" one of the punks called.

"I'm sorry, I will" you said, feeling embarrassed.

"Leave her alone, Joe" said the one who helped you clean your shirt. "You guys can go wait outside, let me help her out first" The others walked outside the shop and two of them lit a cigarette.

"Sorry about that" he said, helping you up. "It's fine" you said still cleaning yourself up.

"Look, I feel real bad, so how about I buy you those things?" he said, smiling into your eyes.

"No, you don't need to do that" you said.

"I insist" he said.

"Okay" you said, feeling bad because he didn't need to.

You and this mysterious man walked to the counter together, he pulled out his wallet and payed for the items. Then he turned to you and said "See, no problem".

You two walked out of the store together and then you asked "So, what's your name?"

"Paul. What about you, love?" he asked.

"(Y/N). It's nice to meet you, Paul" you said.

"Nice to meet you too" he said, as he opened the store door, letting you got out first.

"Seems like your friends have left you" you said.

Paul was too focused on lighting his cigarette that he didn't even realise. "It's alright, they probably went down to the cinema. I have to go meet them there."

"The cinema? That's where I heading." you said.

"How convenient. Now I get to go to the films with a pretty bird" he said, winking at you.

You giggled and then started walking. "So, whats your job?" you asked.

"I'm in a band" he said.

"Does that always work when you talk to girls?" you asked and then soft punched him.

"I am actually in a band" he said, smiling at you.

"Okay, what's the name of your band?" you asked

"The Clash" he said.

"Okay, I believe you." you said, he seemed like he was telling the truth.

You arrived at the cinema and saw Paul's other friends.

"Paul. You've got a bird?" asked one of them.

Paul blushed but tried to hide it. "This is (Y/N). (Y/N), this is Mick, Joe and Topper"

Mick smiled at you, Joe didn't really care and Topper said "Nice to meet you". You all walked in to the cinema and sat on the cinema seats. You sat on the end next to Paul.

"(Y/N)?" Paul asked.

"Yes?" you replied

"Uh, never mind" he said, he seemed very shy all of a sudden.

You didn't want him to feel awkward so you whispered "You want a chocolate bar?"

"I'd love one" he said.

You passed one to him and then said "Ooh the movie's about to start"

You started to watch the movie but you could feel Paul staring at you, he couldn't take his eyes off of you. You looked at Paul and smiled.

"(Y/N) I think i lov-" Paul said but stopped.

"Shh, I understand" you said and leaned in and kissed him on the lips.

He looked at you shocked, you smiled at him and continued watching the movie. Could he be the one?