Bob Dylan - Singer/Songwriter

Today was a nice overcast type of day. You loved it when it was overcast because it wasn't too sunny but then it wasn't pouring down with rain either. You decided that today would be a nice day to go for a walk, maybe go to a few shops. 

You walked down the populated street filled with buskers, you carelessly looked at them, but one man you  heard sounded very particular and different and it caught your attention. You stopped and listen to the man, he was playing the guitar and had a harmonica holder over his shoulders. He sang; 

"Down in some lone valley
In a sad lonesome place
Where the wild birds do all
Their notes to increase

Farewell pretty Saro
I bid you Adieu
But I dream of pretty Saro
Wherever I go"

You loved the way he sang. It was so lovely. You waited for the song to end and then you clapped and said "That was really beautiful"

He smiled and said "Thank you very much!".

"Have you recorded any of this? I would love to buy a copy" you asked.

"No, I haven't. Well, not yet" he said and gave a small smirk. "But if you want to hear more you can meet me at my apartment", he stopped and then realised that sounded a little weird "If you want of course".

"That sounds cool" you said, "When do you finish?".

"Right now, actually" he said and as he packed his guitar away.

He got all of his stuff together and then started to lead you to his apartment.

"So, what's your name?" he asked.

"(Y/N) (Y/L/N). What's yours?", you asked him.

"It's nice to meet you (Y/N). My name is Bob Dylan", he responded.

"Woah. Bob Dylan is a cool name. I bet one day you'll get famous and people will scream your name" you said.

"Hmm. I don't know about that" he said.

"After hearing you sing one song, I know you will be successful" you said.

Bob smiled and found what you said really caring. "Wow. Thank you, (Y/N)"

"It's no problem." you replied.

You two continued to walk until you arrived at his apartment. "This is it" he said and stopped at a small building.

He walked through the main door and then he leaded you up the stairs to his room. He unlocked the door and said "This is my home"

"It's pretty neat" you said.

"Haha, you don't need to lie to make me feel better, (Y/N)" he said, moving stuff around so it didn't look too dirty.

"Well...it is a bit of a mess" you replied, giggling.

You looked around his apartment and then knelt down and flicked through his record collection. He had Woody Guthrie, Little Richard, Odetta. A pretty good collection.

Suddenly, Bob was behind you and asked "You like Little Richard?"

"Of course!" you replied.

"Here" he said and knelt down next to you and grabbed 'Here's Little Richard'. Then he walked over to his record played and put the vinyl on. He turned the volume down so you two could still talk.

You stood up and then said "So, have you tried writing any songs before?".

"Yeah. I have written a few songs, but I don't know if they are any good".

"Well, let's hear them" you said.

"Uhh, okay. But, they're still a little rough" he said nervously.

Then you and Bob sat down and he grabbed his guitar out of the case and started to sing and play;

"I'm out here a thousand miles from my home
Walkin' a road other men have gone down
I'm seein' your world of people and things
Hear paupers and peasants and princes and kings

Hey, hey, Woody Guthrie, I wrote you a song
'Bout a funny old world that's comin' along
Seems sick and it's hungry, it's tired and it's torn
It looks like it's dyin' and it's hardly been born

Hey, Woody Guthrie, but I know that you know
All the things that I'm sayin' and many times more
I'm singin' every song but I can't sing enough
'Cause there's not many men done the things that you done

Here's to Cisco and Sonny and Leadbelly, too
And to all the good people that traveled with you
Here's to the hearts and the hands of the men
That come with the dust and are gone with the wind"

He stopped and then put his guitar down and sat awkwardly waiting for a response. You sat there absolutely gobsmacked.

"That was amazing!" you said.

"Really?" he asked, surprised.

"Of course! It was great." you said, with a huge smile.

"Wow. Thank you (Y/N). You're one of the nicest people I have met" he said, feeling really happy about what you said.

"It's no problem. I'm only being honest" you replied.

There was a small silence, then Bob suddenly said "(Y/N), you're really great and-" you interrupted him with a kiss. At the start he was surprised but he started to kiss back. Your lips broke and he said, "Wow".

You giggled and said, "We can do it again if you want?". He nodded and leaned in, you two kissed more passionately this time. Bob pushed you on to your back and he was on top of you. He separated his lips from yours and smiled.

"I think..I like you a lot" he said, looking into your eyes.

"Me too", you said and pecked him on the cheek.