Chapter Three: Shawarma and Karma

There seemed to be a disturbance in the force the next day in the Stark/ Avenger Tower as Steve Rogers entered with his own possible lead on a Hydra Base, only to come to face Tony's rear that was sticking out

There seemed to be a disturbance in the force the next day in the Stark/ Avenger Tower as Steve Rogers entered with his own possible lead on a Hydra Base, only to come to face Tony's rear that was sticking out. The billionaire was bent over one of his sofas, throwing the cushions around everywhere and finally, when he stood up straight, he scratched the side of his head with a puzzled look. At no point, did he come to realise that Steve had arrived, not even when Bruce walked in, holding a small yoghurt cup in hand and a plastic spoon in the other.

"I'm sorry, but am I missing something here?" Steve asked Bruce first. "Is this a new ritual of sorts?"

With a shrug of his shoulders, Bruce wished he had an idea of what was going on. " I have no idea," he said, " he's been like that since I arrived earlier. I tried asking him if everything was alright, but he just keeps walking and mumbling to himself. I figured I'd just let him go until he tired himself out."

However, Steve didn't hold the same amount of patience that Bruce did and he wanted to know what Tony was up to because when it came to Tony, it usually was a 50/50 idea, meaning it was something that could go either way.

"Alright, Tony, just what exactly are you doing?" Steve asked him, only to fall silent as Tony stopped mid of tossing another cushion to face them. His hands dropped to his hips and he appeared rather annoyed that he had been interrupted.

"If you two must know, I'm looking for my watch," he answered, " I can't find it anywhere."

Part of Steve told him to just let Tony sort it out, but the other part of him told him to try and be helpful.

"Which watch?"

"My Submariner Rolex."

Bruce was just about to shovel another spoonful of yoghurt into his mouth but as soon as Tony spoke, he came to a stop. He slowly lowered the spoon back into the cup and thought something over to himself before he spoke.

"Your Rolex is missing?"

"Yes, that's what I said, " Tony said in a slightly huffy tone.

"No," Steve interjected, " you said you couldn't find it."

For a moment, the two men came to glare at each other, Steve getting slightly annoyed that Tony was so worked up over a watch when he probably had a drawer or two full of them.

"When did you last have it?" Bruce questioned, leaving the two to finally look away from one another.

Tony opened his mouth to answer but paused for a moment to collect his thoughts. "Uh, it was...the other night, I went out to Spanky and I had it on...and then I came home..."

Bruce tried to ignore the fact that Tony had apparently gone to Spanky on his own, knowing that it wasn't a good idea for Tony to self-medicate with alcohol. However, he put it to the back of his mind for the time being to get to the bottom of the case of the missing Rolex.