Chapter Eight: A Kinky Start

A shiver raced up Kit's arms as cold metal rings were slapped across her wrists in the form of handcuffs

A shiver raced up Kit's arms as cold metal rings were slapped across her wrists in the form of handcuffs. She stood with her two captors as her hands were forced together in front of her. So far, it was a very strange start to the day and she had a feeling, it would only get stranger as time progressed.

"First the choking and now the handcuffs," she said to the woman, " you're pulling out all the stops on the first date, aren't you?"

She was completely ignored but she found that the handcuffs were made tighter, leaving her to make a small squeaking sound as it pinched her skin. They remained in the alleyway as the man left them to retrieve the vehicle. Several people walked passed, none of them paying any mind to the scene of Kit being handcuffed. All of them were too busy with their own daily lives, but if she chose to, Kit knew she could make a scene and draw attention to herself. But instead, she wanted to learn about the two that were after her first.

"Are these handcuffs really necessary?" Kit asked, attempting to start another conversation. "They're really uncomfortable."

"Well, we can't have you running off again, can we?" the woman answered. "So yes, they are-"

After rubbing her hands together, Kit shifted the handcuffs off and held them up, leaving them to dangle in front of the woman's face. There was a moment of silence between them before Kit held up the makeshift shim that she carried on her person. One thing she had been taught very early on was always have a plan of escape. She never thought she would be in a situation where she would be handcuffed by two people that weren't police officers, but there was a first for everything.

"Look," Kit began, " I already agreed to go with you, so the handcuffs aren't needed. You can return them to your bedpost, sweetheart."

For a second, Kit truly thought she was about to get knocked in the face after the comment she made. Usually, the other woman countered her with telling her to be quiet or something along the lines, however, Kit was starting to think that she had struck some sort of nerve. The clenched jaw paired with the silence was a strong indicator, leaving Kit to remain quiet until the man returned.

"Are you alright?" she heard him whisper to his partner, in which she nodded her head and added a gruff reply.

"Let's just get her into the car."

He shot Kit a questioning look, but in all honesty, she didn't think what she said had been that bad. It was a joke after all and if anyone had the right to be offended, it was her. She had already returned the forty dollars that she had taken, was it really that big of a deal that they had to take her somewhere?

She was placed in the back of the vehicle, a standard sedan of sorts that was paired with tinted windows. Scooting over to the middle, Kit positioned herself to lean forward to get some answers.

"So, we're going on a road trip?" She rolled her eyes when she didn't get an answer right away. " Alright, give me something here, what are you guys?"