Chapter 14: Yet Another XANA Attack

The next day at lunch, everyone was waiting for Dallas to show up. They knew she would be late, since she was always late now that she was in archery class.

"I really hope she's okay." Odd said, shoving a mouthful of spaghetti into his mouth.

"Yeah, well, she didn't look too good last time I saw her." Ulrich said. "Odd, that's just gross, eat slower, would you?"

Beep beep beep beep beep...

Jeremy pulled out his computer and opened it.

"XANA's attacking. Everyone to the factory." He said.

"I'll go warn Dallas." Yumi said.

Meanwhile...

Dallas aimed the arrow at the target. She pulled back and let go. Bullseye. She noticed Jim walking up and stood there proudly.

"Not too bad, huh, Jim?" She said, grinning.

The next thing she knew, a XANAfied Jim was holding her up by the throat, choking her. Then he threw her across the gym.

"What the...?" Dallas said, trying to catch her breath. Yumi walked in a few minutes later, and saw the XANAfied P.E. teacher finish attacking Dallas. Dallas looked up. Her vision was all blurry, but she could still make out that it was Yumi standing there.

"Yumi, forget about me, just go!" She called out to the other. She yelled out in pain as an electric shock went through her.

"Not a chance!" Yumi said. She went to punch Dallas's attacker, but Jim grabbed her fist and threw her across the gym as well. She looked at Dallas. "We have to get to the factory."

"Yumi, what if XANA tries to throw me into the digital sea again? He might actually succeed this time. I don't..." she paused. "I don't want William to come back and find out that I'm gone forever." XANAfied Jim came over tried to punch Dallas, but ended up punching the wall above her head, since she ducked.

"It doesn't matter, we still have to get out of here!" Yumi said. Dallas nodded. They both bolted out of the gym and headed for the factory. They got to the sewers, and when they got to where their skateboards were, they each grabbed their own and rode it to where the ladder was, climbing up it, then running across the bridge into the open door of the factory. They jumped and grabbed the ropes that were there and slid down them, then went into the elevator. They went to the supercomputer room where was sitting at said supercomputer. He looked over.

"Hey girls, you're late, get to the sca-"

"I'm not going." Dallas said.

"What do you mean, you're not going?" Jeremy asked.

"XANA might try to throw me into the digital sea again. I don't want that."

Jeremy looked from Dallas to Yumi then back to the supercomputer.

"Alright then, Yumi get to the scanner, the others could use some help."

Dallas leaned against the wall, and stared at Jeremy.

"How did you guys find out about all this in the first place?" She asked him.

"It's a long story. We'll tell you later."