3*Waking The Devil*

Dedicated to Hayla86. My first fan and always an encouraging word.

I wake up to the noise of people bustling around The Cove and the smell of breakfast. Looking around, I see that almost everyone is up, with the exception of my boyfriend and my brother. Evan can sleep through an earthquake; he's such a heavy sleeper. Don? Well, he's just more of an afternoon person than a morning person, but he should probably be up pretty soon. Me, on the other hand, I'm usually one of the first people up. I guess I really was tired last night.

Stretching, I feel my fingers are still grazing someone else's. Reluctant, but accepting, I move my digits away from the most beautiful man on earth and stand up completely. I move over to the table behind the couch where Lyn, Oscar, Jade, Tabby, and Fred are sitting with all kind of breakfast foods.

"Yum," I mumble stretching my arms over my head. "Morning, Everyone."

"Morning, sleepy head!" Lyn smiles, watching me as I slump into the chair next to her. "I think this is the latest I have ever seen you sleep in the 6 years we've been best friends. Are you feeling ok?"

"I'm fine, fan girl," I yawn and look around. "What time is it? Anyone?"

"It's almost 11," Tabby says sliding an empty plate towards me. "You feeling better from last night?" She tries to be discreet about the double meaning in the words.

"Yea, man. What was up with you?" Fred tilts his head. He looks funny because his afro is half flat from sleep.

"I'm fine, guys," I explain. Stacking my plate with food, I look up to everyone staring at me. "No, really. Everything is sorted out. I'm good now. Boy troubles. Nothing that couldn't be sorted out with a good night of sleep. You know?" I shrug and start chewing on a piece of bacon. "Speaking of troubled men, where did Cam venture off to?"

"He got up early. He gotsta work, man. Some of us ain't like you rich folk, ya know?" Fred dramatically sighs. It's typical Fred to act like the 'oppressed black man.'

Even though he's really good at the act, that's all it is. Fred has more money than all of us combine. His dad was a really famous movie director. He retired a few years ago and opened a fancy Italian restaurant. Fred works there as a server or busboy from time to time, but he doesn't actually need to. His whole family is worth billions.

Everyone at the table starts to laugh. "Right, and tell me Fred, when was the last time you actually went into work?" Oscar questioned him from across the table, eyebrow raised.

"You know man, if we wasn't friends since like 6th grade, I'd kick your lanky white ass right now," Fred playfully threatens his best friend. As much as he's actually joking, Fred is always up for a good fight. We call him our 'stereotypical black friend.' During rallies, he will always be the first one to step up and yell in someone's face or defend us, if need be. He has a very imposing personality and look, to be honest. Not only does he have the large afro, he also has three piercing just above his lip. One on each 'Monroe' and one directly in the middle. He also has his ears gauged an inch and a half. He is a force not many people try to recon.

"Hey, hey now, I like his lanky white ass just the way it is," Jade injects walking over to sit on her boyfriend's lap. "Can we refrain from messin' it up, please?"

Everyone laughs again. Jade's the shortest one of our group, but she has a healthy build. By no means is she fat, but she's thicker than the other two bean polls. She has dark brown eyes, straight long black hair, tan skin, and looks like the typical girl next door. She's originally from down south and you can tell within 12 seconds of talking to her; she has a very think southern accent. Jade's also very shy if you're not in our immediate group of friends. She is the exact opposite of her awkwardly tall boyfriend.