19*You Are My World*

It's Sunday again and we finally signed the last paper for our new apartment on Friday!

I can't wait to get everything over there. We already packed up my room and over the week Evan brought all his clothes from his parent's house to my parent's house. All we have to do is take our stuff over to the new place, buy some furniture, set everything up, 'decorate', and then we'll have a home.

Okay, so I guess easier said than done. The first part, taking our personal stuff over, not so bad. But when it came to shopping for furniture and appliances, let's just say I hate shopping. We basically just take my mom to Walmart with us for some of it. After that, she takes us to a furniture store to get a bed, couches, an entertainment center, a dining room set, and bar stools for our breakfast bar.

Mom likes this kind of stuff. She'll probably be there to help us set it all up.

The big stuff won't be delivered until the end of the week. We paid a little extra to have the bed delivered tomorrow. The other furnishings aren't as big of a deal, but we need somewhere to sleep.

We were going to do this shopping on Saturday, but Evan ended up having to do something with my dad for the shop. It was something to do with paperwork that was only supposed to take an hour or so. It pretty much blew the whole day for us. We didn't even get a hotel room. In turn, we decided it would be even more awesome if we could have our first time in our home.

I can't say I'm not stoked. I'm also a little nervous. We haven't really talked about who's going to be what role. I'm sure we'll figure it out when the time comes.

"Hey Ma?" I call to her from the kitchen as we all dig through the Walmart bags into Evan and my apartment.

She turns to me smiling looking over the counter between us, "Yes dear?"

Mom's been smiling a lot lately. I know she loves the fact that Evan and I worked thing out. She's really been a rock for us with everything. She helped with the apartment hunt, even though I know she was a little upset that I was leaving. I think my mother is more elated about how happy I've been, rather than worrying about how she feels. She knew I was leaving soon anyway.

I hold up some kind of kitchen tool, "What the hell is this?" It looks like a big spoon, but it has holes in the scooping part and spikes.

She lets out a little laugh, "That's a pasta spoon. It's for cooking and serving long noodles, like spaghetti."

"That'll probably be a very important tool," my boyfriend points at me from the living room floor he's sitting on next to my mother. They're putting together our coffee table.

"Maybe for you," Don chuckles as he puts together one of the dressers we got. "Have you had Walt's cooking?"

Don and Tabby joined the three of as after we got back from the stores. Don wanted to see the apartment since the girls came over Saturday while Evan was working. Tabby wants to help my mother decorate.

I'm just glad I don't have to decorate.

"Hey now," I furrow my brows at my twin, pointing the mentioned utensil. "I'm not that bad of a cook."

"Remember when you tried to make dinner that one time when Mom and Dad went out of town in 9th grade?" Tabby asks as she holds a picture up to the wall.

"No," I lie occupying myself with the bag on the counter.

"We ended up ordering a pizza," my brother tells Evan.

Putting the cookware into the drawer a little more forcefully than I should, "You guys are assholes."

We all laugh, knowing full well everything they said was true.