30*Moment of Clarity*

Going home is strange. They let me out of the hospital a couple weeks after I woke up. I managed to convince Evan that I didn't need to go to my family's house for an intervention. I want to be at home with him. I want to sleep in our bed again. 

I hadn't been in pain since I woke up. It was just this awkward stiff feeling. If I had to compare it to anything I would say I feel like a toddler just learning to walk. At least this is what I would presume they feel like; saying as I don't remember.  

I picked up the whole mobility thing pretty quickly. They told me at the hospital before I left that I was recovering faster than they thought I would.  

I think it was mostly determination. I really wanted to be out of there. I also really wanted to roll around in the sheets again, but I'm not going to say that had to do with anything. It might, but I'm not going to say it. 

"Hey, Stud?" I ask as we finally make it to our up the stairs to the front door. 

He looks away from the keys in his hand to my eyes, "Yea?" 

"What ever happened to that Tyler guy? The one that stabbed me?" 

"Oh," he looked back down at the keys. Pulling the correct one from his ring, he slips it into the lock as he answers me, "A couple months after you got put into the hospital, his lawyer showed up with two letters. One was to your family say that he was sorry for what happened and that he turned himself into the police." 

"Did you guys press charges?" I ask seriously curious as he opens the door holding out a hand for me to walk in ahead of him.  

With all the concentrating on getting healed and out of the hospital, Tyler must have slipped my mind. I feel almost guilty for what he did, anyway. If I wouldn't have leant in and said those last few words he probably wouldn't have attacked me. 

He shuts the door once we're both inside, "No we would have had to wait for you to wake up since you're eighteen and legally on your own. We could have, I guess, but you still would have had to show up to court." 

"So now what happens to him?" Taking my coat off, I hang it over the chair in the living room as my boyfriend does the same. 

"He serves whatever time they gave him," he shrugs as he walks to our room to drop off the bags. "I didn't follow up on it much. I was more worried about your health." 

"What did the other letter say?" 

"What?" 

I sit down on the couch as he walks back into the room, "You said the lawyer gave you two letters. What did the other one say?" 

"We didn't open it," he admits running a hand through his hair. "It's for you. I still have it, if you want to see it." 

"You weren't going to tell me?" I accuse as I narrow my eyes at him.  

He walks over to the counter where a bunch of papers are laid out. 

Now that I look around, the house is kind of a mess. There are dirty dishes in the sink, random clothes on the floor, and the whole place could use a good dusting. 

"It's right here. I was going to give it to you if you asked about him," he tells me holding up the envelope in his hand. "But to be honest, if you didn't mention it, I was just going to throw it away." 

"Why?" 

"Walter, you have been through so much lately. You don't need to worry about this douche bag too," he hands over the paper as he sits next to me. "I'm just worried about you."