13*Domino Effect*

Running late, I opt to drive myself to school today. I have to work later anyway. This way I can leave after my last class and go straight to 'Smash' to get a few extra hours. Feeling shitty lately is really going to take a toll on my paycheck.

Walking into school, people seem to be talking more animatedly than usual. I shrug it off, figuring there's probably new gossip for some unfortunate victim.

That's until I see who the victim is.

Evan's standing in the middle of a group of his soccer buddies, including my brother. The players seem to be some sort of human shield. My ex has his head hanging and hair blocking his face; Don's hand on his back in a reassuring manner. Continuing to meander, I pass them until I hear someone calling my name from their group.

I turn to see my twin beckoning me with his hand, "Come here a sec, bro."

I slowly stroll to the posse of guys. "What's up?" I stop next to Evan and bend a little to try and see his face.

"Everyone knows," he mumbles.

"Knows what?" I look around at all the chatting teenagers who aren't even trying to hide the fact that they're blatantly staring in this direction.

He brings his head up with a blank face, "Everyone know I'm gay, Walter. "

I can feel my face drop as I stand with shock dripping off my expression, "Has anyone hurt you?" I look over her for any cuts or bruises. I know he's stronger than I am, but I can't help but worry that he went through the torture I did.

"No," he answers.

"Are you sure? I don't want anything bad to happen to you."

"I did this for you," he keeps his eyes on mine and gestures with his hand around the hall. "Last night, I told Tabby to mention it to the girls on her squad; I knew that it'd leak that way. They all have huge mouths. It just happened to spread a little faster than I first anticipated."

"You," I whisper scanning the corridor with my eyes, "did that?"

Looking back at him I see him nod, but doesn't take his gaze from me.

Before I can register what my brain's thinking, I find myself with my arms wrapped around his torso. He responds by hesitantly wrapping his arms around my neck.

Ignoring all the stares, I lean my forehead down to rest against his. I capture his eyes with mine, "I'm sorry that you have to experience all the awkward looks. I'm sorry that you can't just avoid everyone talking about you behind your back. And, I'm sorry that you feel like you're in the most compromising position in the world. But I want you to know, that I've been through all of it too. I know exactly how you feel and if you need someone to talk to, even though we aren't together, you can still come to me."

It's true. I still love him with all my heart and if I can help him feel a little more comfortable, I'm happy with that. When I came out, all my friends, including Evan, were there to support me, even though they didn't have the firsthand knowledge. Being here for him will be my repayment for his support in my time of need.

"Thank you, Punk," he says more genuinely than I have heard him in a while. I try to back away, not wanting him to feel any more uncomfortable than he already feels, but Evan's arms tighten around my neck. Loud enough for the entire room to hear he says, "I love you more than anyone has ever loved another person."

He places his lips against mine passionately. Hearing gasps come from all around us, I let myself fall into the feeling of his breathtaking kiss. I haven't felt his wonderful embrace for over a week; it feels like I'm home again. I can't help but melt into him.