2. Bourbon Street

The taxi cab ride was only 30 minutes until it stopped in the busy streets of town. Many people were on the streets dressed as different things; probably because of a festival that Amber had no idea about.

She paid the driver the amount needed and grabbed her belongings, heading outside. The music the band was playing flooded the streets as the Rose witch dragged her bags through the crowd.

"Excuse me," Amber stopped an ongoing stranger. "Is there a good place to get a drink around here?"

"Yes actually; down the street is a place called Rousseau's. Amazing drinks, your new?" The man asks.

"Yes actually, spending some time here. Thank you for the directions though."

"No problem," The guy continues on walking and Amber heads down the street to Rousseau's.

The walk seemed forever since people would keep tripping over her suitcase and yelling vulgar things to her. But at the same time she didn't care; she was free. Well, at least for now anyways. When Rousseau's came into sight Amber sighed in relief. She went inside and say down at the bar waiting for a waiter or waitress.

A blonde girl with curls walked up to Amber with a very big smile on her face, "You look like you've had a rough day."

"Tell me about it," Amber says resting her cheek into her palm.

"I'll get you some bourbon," The bartender says before going behind her and pouring a fresh glass of Amber's favorite drink.

"Thank you."

"Did you just move here? You know considering all the bags you have," The blonde who's name is yet to be known asks.

"Yep and I have nowhere to stay so that's great!" Amber scoffs drinking her drink.

"Well my name is Cami if you need anyone to show you around," Cami holds out her hand and Amber takes it.

"Amber, glad to meet you Cami," She's about to help her next customer when Amber stops her. "Do you know a girl named Davina Claire? I came here for her too."

Cami knows exactly who Amber is talking about, she's one of the most powerful witches in the quarter.

"Yes I do actually, we're close friends. You should find Davina out in the streets tonight but if not check with me tomorrow and we'll go find her," Cami says before walking to the next person.

Amber takes her time drinking before placing the glass and $3 on the table before picking her stuff back up and heading out the door. The streets of course were still filled and everyone was either dancing or drinking.

"Now, where do I find a hotel around here?" Amber mumbles to herself looking at the buildings surrounding her.

The witch decides to head further down street and see what she can find. Still pushing through crowds Amber finds an open space in the crowd so when she gets there it's a huge relief. A black blur passes her and all of Amber's belongings drop to the floor.

"Watch where you're going ass!" Amber yells going on the concrete to pick up the bags.

"How about watch where you're going," The man sneers at her before walking into the crowd.

She could see the blonde curls in his hair and the way he was wearing the leather jacket as he walked away. He was a jerk, but boy was he a hot jerk.

"M'am may I help you with your belongings?" Another man in a suit asks Amber.

"Yes please; nothing good has been happening to me since I came," Amber says flinging the bag over her shoulder.

"If you need a place to stay you're always welcome to stay at my place. Well, it's not mine, my family lives there but we have plenty of rooms so you won't be bothered by us."