15. The Ritual

Day of the ritual

Amber Rose looked at herself in the mirror; she was wearing a silk red dress with her hair pinned up in a bun.

"You look beautiful," Her mother said smoothing out the wrinkles in her dress.

Amber didn't say anything, she didn't want to do this stupid ritual. It would make her a total bitch.

"Lets just get this damn thing over with," She mumbles walking out of the room.

There weren't many people outside: just her siblings and father. The Rose family didn't like anyone but them at their ritual. Will came up to Amber and gave her a hug. He was the only one in the family that ritual was taking time to take effect on him.

"You'll be okay," He whispers into her shoulder.

"No I won't."

"Yes you-"

Will is cut off by their mother rushing Amber to the platform. Soon the sun will reach its point in the sky where it would be shining down exactly on Amber; noon to be more simpler.

"Less than 20 minutes Vincent," She tells her husband.

He grins at his daughter and begins to light the candles around her, while Amber is praying for a miracle to happen. One miracle was in the process though: she didn't know it but Elijah and Klaus were on their way to save Amber.

"Hurry up Elijah! It's almost time!" Klaus yelled at his older brother who was trailing just right behind him.

"We only have 15 more minutes Niklaus! We're not going to make it," Elijah says looking up at the sun.

Klaus and Elijah keep running to save the love their lives.

The sun was at its apex and it was noon. The cool January wind was picking up as Vincent and the rest of the Rose family starting chanting their ritual that went back many years. A barrier surrounded the strawberry blonde witch, no one could get in or out.

Clouds of smoke started to fill the backyard and Amber couldn't see anything.

"AMBER!" Klaus and Elijah came into the backyard and saw her.

She looked around and saw him, "Klaus!"

The smoke cleared at little and she could see the hybrid she fell in love with over the many weeks in New Orleans.

"Stop the ritual! Stop it!" Klaus yelled at Vincent who was protecting his family.

"This is our family history hybrid! You will not stop this," Vincent said.

"No. I will," Amber spoke up.

Everyone looked at her questingly. Amber took a deep breath and locked eyes with Klaus. The witch used her magic and took the sword off the wall of her house, she brought it to her and made it stab into her stomach. Amber gasped and fell to the ground. The smoke, the barrier, everything was gone; Klaus came running to her. Elijah following him.

Vincent and his family ran off because they knew Klaus was not in the mood, Will stayed behind though.

"NO!" Klaus cried holding Amber in his arms. He took the sword out of her and bit his wrist to give her blood.

"Don't," She whispered.

Elijah looked at Amber and tears spilt out of his eyes, he had hope that in the mere future Amber would get over Klaus and go to him. But now that can't happen if she's dead.

"Amber please – I can't live without you," The hybrid choked on his sobs. "I love you."

"I know you do, but I can't live like I did. I – I need this."

Amber slowly stopped breathing and closed her eyes. Klaus' world went still; she was dead. Elijah looked at his brother and saw rage, sadness, so many emotions in his eyes.

"Niklaus, lets bring her body back to New Orleans," Elijah said trying to his best to hold back the tears.

"She's dead," He mumbled. "SHE'S DEAD ALL BECAUSE OF YOU!"

Will looked at Klaus then back at his sister. "I didn't want this for her, I always hated this family."

Klaus stood up and walked over to Will.

"Niklaus!"

"Tell me there's a way to bring her back or I'll kill you right here, right now," Klaus threatened Will.

"I will look. But for right now just take her back to your place; mother and father won't care about having her body. They'll just be upset about the ritual not being completed."

Elijah was carrying Amber's body and he looked down at her, he would do anything to switch places with her.

Klaus came up minutes later with a car he compelled someone for since they ran here. Klaus took the back seat with Amber while Elijah drove. Elijah looked in the mirror to see something Klaus hasn't done in a while; cry.

Just one more chapter left! Then the sequel :)

-brooke