11. Death Under The Mistletoe

21 days till the ritual

Each day that passed Klaus started to feel himself change. Not in a bad way, but a weird way. That also went for Amber too, although it was the bad way. 21 days was all Amber had left and Klaus (and Elijah since his feelings for her have not yet disappeared) kept count. Klaus noticed Amber started to change as well, but not in a good way. She'd scream and wale up from her dreams, Klaus ran to her room and stayed with her for the night; Klaus also noticed Amber having a change of attitude. At first she was shy and nice, now she doesn't give a crap about what anyone does anymore. Klaus knows this is what the ritual is doing to her, and he doesn't like it.

"Amber darling, may I have a word with you?" Klaus calls into her large room.

The shower turned off and Amber stepped out with no clothes on; she was acting like a vampire with no humanity. Klaus blinked a fee times before composing himself.

"Shouldn't you put some clothes on dear?"

"You've seen me like this before; what's the big deal?" Amber asks crossing her arms.

"I-I um...It's just-"

"Aw do I have the big bad hybrid lost of words? What a shame," Amber smirks.

Klaus didn't know what was going on with her, it had to be the damn ritual and how close it was. Amber all of a sudden closed her eyes and let out a small groan before opening her eyes back up. Her eyes widened once she saw the situation she was in and let out a screech; running back into the bathroom.

"Oh my god what happened?" Amber asks coming back into the bedroom with a towel wrapped around her.

Klaus walked up to her, "It seems like your evil side is coming out a bit early."

Amber begins to shake her head, "No no no no. Not this, I've heard about this. First you start blacking out for a little bit at a time then it becomes more frequent and much longer time periods. I can't be that part of myself. I'm not ready to be like that."

"Love it's okay," Klaus says and places a kiss to her forehead. "I have to take care of some business. I'll be back as soon as I can."

Klaus pecks her lips before walking out of the room. Amber ran her hand through her wet hair not knowing how to hand the situation; she was turning evil, and it was coming faster than she thought.

"3 weeks is enough time to find a cure," Elijah says to Davina.

"Elijah you need to stop coming here and asking me these questions; I know you're in love with her but I can't help her. Yes, she is my friend but I'm sorry."

Elijah looks at the witch and tries his best not to kill her, "Just please. Try your best."

Amber walks into the tomb and smiles at Elijah.

"I've got something for you," Amber tells Davina.

Davina cocks her head to the side as Amber yells for the person to come in. The world stands still for Davina as Kol comes into sight.

"Oh my god," She whispers running up to him and hugging him.

"Hello love," He says smiling in her hair.

Davina could finally see Kol in his original body and she loved him even more. They broke the hug and kissed each other passionately; Amber smiled at the two while Elijah stared at Amber. He wanted her to be his so badly, this live for her was consuming him and he didn't know what to do about it.

Davina pulled away and went up to Amber, "Thank you so much. I don't know how I could ever repay you!"

"You don't have to do anything. Now, Elijah and will leave you two alone," Amber gives Davina a wink and pulls Elijah out with her.

"You can have a reunion with Kol later, right now Elijah and I have to decorate for the Christmas party tonight. You two better come."

Amber drags Elijah out and they head back to the mansion. Once they get there Klaus is putting the last of decorations up.

"Merry Christmas love," Klaus says going up to Amber and kissing her cheek.

"Elijah and I just came back to decorate. This-wow this amazing," Amber hugs Klaus and admires the decorations.

Elijah leaves awkwardly, he didn't want to see the two all cuddled up together while he was still desperately in love with her.

"Everybody should be coming over in a little while, maybe we can do something before," Klaus suggests.

They both head up the stairs but Klaus stops her.

"Wha-wow you're so cheesy," Amber looks up at the mistletoe right above her.

"Ah come on love! You have to kiss me now."

"You're lucky that I love you," Amber says and leans in to press her lips against his. 

She loved their kisses; it was either rough or soft. This one was soft, she loved these. Klaus rested his hands on her waist while she put hers on his neck.

"I love you, so much," He whispers into the kiss.

"Sorry to ruin the moment, but I'm here for revenge," Ethan walks up to the two.

Klaus puts Amber behind him protectively and scowls at the vampire.

"Why the hell are you here? Begging to get your heart ripped out?"

"Actually I'm here to do this," Ethan raises his hand and Klaus goes flying to the ground.

Amber casts a spell but nothing happens.

"What the-"

"See now, these lovely witches lend me their power for a little bit and I decided to use them on you guys! Oh by the way I put a spell on the mansion so no supernatural beings, except me of course, can use their abilities. So you are coming with me," Ethan grabs Amber and speeds her outside.

Klaus gets up and tries to speed down but he goes at a human speed. "Damn it!"

He runs as fast as he can down he stairs and out into the streets. His fists clench as he sees two of Ethan's men holding Amber over the edge of the building.

"One more step and I'll give them the magic words," Ethan tells Klaus.

"I swear to god if you hurt her!" Klaus yells. He was afraid; they could release her at any moment and she would fall to her death. Klaus couldn't lose the one he loved, not again.

"Please, just let her go," Klaus practically begs.

"Not until you leave. You have done horrible things to New Orleans! We want you to leave and never come back."

Klaus feels a surge of power go through him, his eyes flash gold and he runs to the two holding Amber and rips their hearts out. Amber slips and hangs on to the edge.

"Klaus!" She screams.

As the hybrid is about to save her Ethan comes to him and pushes him to the ground.

"Oh hell no, you just killed two of my men!"

"Klaus-I'm about to fall!" Amber's fingers continue to keep slipping.

Klaus charges at Ethan but he uses his brand new magic to pop the blood vessels in his head.

"You cannot defeat me! I am much stronger now, not that mighty hybrid anymore are ya?" Ethan taunts him.

Klaus recovers from the spell and stands up, "You may be more powerful, but you got one thing wright, I am way more powerful than you."

He speeds to Ethan and chops off his head. Amber's hand finally slips but Klaus catches her on the ground. Her eyes open and she sees Klaus with blood all over him.

"Did you..."

"Yes darling I killed him, you can be safe now."

Amber sighs in relief as they walk back to the mansion. They passed a great threat today but, there was a greater one awaiting them.

This story is almost done! But there will be a sequel so stick around for that

-brooke