3. Day One

104 days till the ritual

Amber woke up in her new bed, her first day in New Orleans has officially started. She didn't know if it was going to be good or bad, probably bad since she's had the best of luck lately. The curtains are pulled back and she opens her eyes to see Elijah standing there.

"Get up, we are going to see Davina."

Since Amber gets up early usually at her house to do chores it's mo problem getting out of bed and into the shower for her. She puts on clothes and jeans and curls her strawberry blonde hair.

"Ready?" Elijah asks knocking on the door.

"Yep," Amber says opening the door.

Elijah and Amber head to the cemetery where Davina was; she was currently practicing a spell that she found in one of her grimwores.

The curly haired brunette turned around once she saw the original she actually liked and a new girl.

"Who's this?" Davina asks.

"Davina this Amber Rose, Amber this is Davina Claire," Davina's eyes widen at her last name 'Rose'.

"Isn't the Rose family like the most powerful bloodline of witches? I've heard about your family and many other things. I also saw that there's a curse-"

"Lets start," Amber interrupts Davina as she knows what she was about to say.

"Okay well why are you here?"

"My father told me that you'd help me prepare, I don't know how but he told me so I obeyed," Davina nods her head and looks in her book.

"Tell me a part of the spell, is it a ritual?" Davina asks.

"Um I don't really feel comfortable talking about it," Amber mumbles casting her eyes down to the floor.

"Well I'm sorry but I can't help you if I don't know anything. You can always come to me if you finally feel comfortable but for now. Sorry."

Elijah sighs and pulls Amber out of the small building in the cemetery.

"Why couldn't you tell her Amber? You told Hayley and I, why not her?"

"I told you a basic summary of it. When I talk about the whole thing I-I get paranoid. The whole things is scaring the hell out of me," Amber runs her hand through her hair and Elijah looks at her in concern.

"Whenever you feel like it, I will listen and help you as best as I can. You have my word," From the little time Amber knew Elijah she knew he stuck to his word.

The two head back to the Mikaelson mansion only to hear shouting.

"Klaus stop it! It wasn't like that!" Hayley tells Klaus.

"Once I get my bloody hands on that witch bitch I'll-" Klaus stops once he sees Amber and Elijah at the doorway. "And she's here."

Klaus walks up to Amber but Elijah stops him.

"No harm will come to the girl."

"She touched my daughter last night, what if she was trying to kill it? She could've been trying to take her magic. We need to take precautions here Elijah! We haven't even known her for a while day and here we are welcoming her into our home. What's next? Is she going to be your next rebound?" Klaus yells.

Elijah's anger gets the best of him and runs to Klaus. He throws Klaus onto the wall but Klaus is quick to regain his strength and snaps Elijah's neck.

"Now where were we?" Klaus smirks walking up to Amber.

"Phesmatos superous em animi," Amber says looking at Klaus who instantly falls to the floor.

He holds his head screaming in pain as his nose starts to bleed.

"Amber stop you'll kill him," Hayley says walking over to the witch.

Amber stops the spell and Klaus falls to the floor.

"You are powerful love; but I'm more powerful."

Klaus runs to Amber but Hayley is fast enough to stop him and throw him to the ground.

"Like Elijah said, no harm comes to the girl."

"Fine, but when she destroys us all, you'll regret it!" Klaus pushes past Amber and heads out of the mansion.

"Amber I am so sorry," Hayley says coming up to me.

"I shouldn't have stayed here," The witch mumbles looking at the little pool of blood on the ground.

Elijah finally wakes up and he runs over to Amber.

"Are you okay?" He asks looking at her.

"Yeah, I held him off for a bit until I stopped so I wouldn't kill him," Amber says. "I don't want to live here anymore."

"No Amber I assure you will be perfectly safe here. Niklaus has a temper and he doesn't know how to handle it. He also cares about his child greatly and when people he doesn't know goes to his child; he loses control. I gave you my word I would help you for whatever. That also meant I would protect you from any harm. Please stay, it's only your first day."

Elijah was right, it was Amber's first day and she wouldn't give up this easily. But she would protect herself, if it meant she would end up killing Klaus; then so be it.

-
Please remember to vote and comment on this chapter.

Klaus and Amber will have a pretty rocky relationship at first, I don't want to rush into the story because those are always boring.

-brooke