Chapter 1 Part 2

"Ok, tell me everything," Tia demanded of her friend while they walked home together.

"What are you talking about?"

"Tristan, duh. What happened? He actually talked to you?"

A dreamy look crossed Sierra's face as she thought of Tristan and prepared to give her friend the scoop.

"So, we were just standing at our lockers when he asked to borrow my Biology book. I gave it to him and then I just stood there, staring. It was so embarassing. Then Chris and Jason came over and I figured I lost my chance, so I just walked away."

"Ugh, Chris gets on my nerves. Jason can be cool sometimes, but when they all get together, they act so stupid."

"I know. I never want to be around when those guys are there."

 "Well at least he talked you, and he has to give you your book back, so maybe you can try to talk to him again later."

"Yeah, but what am I going to say?"

"Don't worry, that's where I come in. You know I always know what to say."

Sierra smiled as she looked at her best friend and knew that she was lucky to have her. Tia is the coolest person she knew. She was honest and never afraid to say what was on her mind. Sometimes she wished she had Tia's courage, and then maybe she wouldn't be so scared to tell Tristan how she feels.   

"Thanks, Tia."

"For what?"

"For not judging me about Tristan. It means a lot to me that I can talk to you about this."

"You're my best friend, you can talk to me about anything. Besides, you were there for me when I was stuttering and acting mental in front of Tony, so who am I to judge, right?"

Sierra smiled again remembering how nervous Tia was when she realized how she felt about Tony. Sierra had never seen her friend act so... girly.  

"Yeah, that's true. But I know you think that I should be with Reggie."

"I'm not gonna lie, I like Reggie and I think he's better for you than Tristan. He really likes you, Sierra. I think you should give him a chance."

"You know I like Reggie, but-"

"But you only want Tristan."

"Yeah."

"I think Tristan is a cool guy, but even if he does like you, he already has a girlfriend. I think you're gonna end up getting hurt and I don't want that. But I also want you to be happy. And I guess I can't blame you for liking Tristan. Even I think he's fine and his eyes are unreal. You have good taste."

Sierra laughed, but in the back of her mind, she wondered if Tia was right. Was she going to get hurt?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tristan was waiting for Jessica so he could take her home, like he usually did after school. And she was taking really long, like she usually did.

"Jess, come on, let's go."

"I'll be there in a sec."

Tristan sat back in his car waiting while Jessica continued to talk to her friends from the volleyball team. He took the opportunity to stare at her in the tiny shorts and tight shirt she wore with their school colors and the number three on it. That uniform was a huge part of the reason why he noticed her. That and her red hair. She was so different from any other girl he'd ever met. She understood what it meant to be a jock and the pressure they were under as athletes. It was nice to have that kind of connection with a girl. It also didn't hurt that she was hot.

"Hey, babe. Why are you here so early? I thought you would still be at swim practice," Jessica said as she climbed into the passenger seat of his Toyota and threw her things in the back.

Tristan pulled off and headed in the direction of Jessica's house.

"Coach is letting me rest so I'm ready for Regionals this weekend," he told her.

"Nice. You deserve a break."

"I'd rather be at practice. I need more time to train."

"Tristan, you're amazing. I heard the coach tell your dad that you're the most talented swimmer he's worked with in the past fifteen years. Everyone knows you're going to take us to State this year."

Tristan slowed to a stop at a red light.

"I just want to make sure I'm ready."

 "I know there's a lot riding on this, but you're going to do great. No matter what happens, I'll always be here for you."

"I know."

Tristan kissed her briefly and sped off when the light turned green..

They reached Jessica's house and she began to gather her stuff when she saw something.

"What's this?" Jessica asked holding up Sierra's textbook.

"Oh, I have to return that to Sierra tomorrow."

"Why do you have it?"

"I needed to borrow it to do the Bio homework."

She made a strange face at him.

"Why didn't you ask me for mine?"

"Because she has the locker right next to me so I just asked her. She's cool, it was not a big deal."

 "Next time, just ask me, ok?"

"Why are you making a big deal about this?"

"I'm not making a big deal. Just, in the future, if you need something, ask me, okay?"

What was with her? Was she always this jealous, or was there something about Sierra that had her worried?

"Okay, whatever. I'll ask you next time."

Her eyes narrowed and she eyed him with suspicion. Then, she sighed angrily and grabbed her things.

"Why are you mad? I said okay."

"You just don't get it, Tristan."

She got out of the car and slammed the door in his face.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading!!! There's much more to come. I just have to sit down and get my thoughts out. I appreciate you taking the time to read my ramblings. I appreciate all comments. Thanks guys!!!