4

I woke to the sound of Cade and Christian arguing outside the bedroom door. Even beyond them arguing, I felt like I had never slept better in my entire life. I didn't have to worry about other people being in the room. I didn't have to listen to girls crying about their lives all damn night.

I rubbed my eyes and tossed the covers off. I had just about enough of their arguing. I didn't know what it was about and I didn't care. I didn't see why Cade needed to be here.

I pulled the door open to see Cade's broad back. Christian glanced around him and stopped mid sentence.

"How'd you sleep?" Christian asked.

"Fine. What's going on?"

"Nothing," Cade said pointedly.

"Nothing," I repeated flatly. "You're a shitty liar."

He whipped around to face me. "She's not pregnant."

I couldn't deny the relief I felt. It was like a huge weight was lifted off of me.  I didn't know what her lack of pregnancy meant for me, but I wasn't counting on much.

"So?"

He rolled his eyes. "It's what you wanted to hear, isn't it?"

I shrugged. "Maybe. Doesn't change the fact that you chose her over me."

"You're staying with my parents," Cade said, ignoring my jab.

I scrunched my eyes together. "Why?"

His eyes darted to Christian for a moment. "You just are."

"I like it here."

"He's the Alpha. You can't stay with him."

I crossed my arms. "I don't want to stay with your parents."

"It'll be fine, Tess," Christian assured me. "It's temporary."

"Until when?"

"Until we can get your place ready. Maybe a month."

"Fine," I agreed.

I suppose it wouldn't be a bad thing. I had nothing against Liz. She was nice to me, but I wondered if she would ever know that her son was my mate. Would she think I was a slut like her son did? I wondered what his father would think of me.

"We got you some clothes. My mom will take you to get the rest," Christian said.

He offered me a small bag with clothes and shoes. I took it and went back inside the room. Inside, a dress, underwear, and flat shoes still had tags on them.

I quickly changed into the slightly large clothes. At least they weren't the tight, revealing dresses I usually wore. I never really cared about what I wore, but being in something like this was nice. I didn't feel like I had to watch every move I made.

I rejoined the men right outside the room and crossed my arms. They were silent and I could tell Christian was irritated. It didn't appear to be directed at me though. Clearly, Cade was just pissing everyone off.

"I'll take you over," Cade said.

"Oh? And how do you think it'll look to your fiancé if you're hiding me at your parents' house?"

"I'm not hiding you there."

"So I'm allowed to leave?"

"No."

I stared at him. "So you're hiding me there."

He rolled his eyes. "We're not fighting about this. Let's go."