20

It could have been a week or a month, but I hadn't see natural light since being imprisoned. No one told me Cade's status. I hadn't seen another person the entire time I had been there.

Food was shoved through a slot in the door and that was it.

It was worse than being at the Order.

The crushing isolation started to weigh on me.

I needed to know if Cade was alive. I hadn't felt him die so I assumed he was alive though I doubted conscious.

The heavy locks on the door ground against the steel and the door was pushed open. Christian walked through; his eyes instantly fell on me.

He pushed the door closed behind him and folded his arms over his chest.

"Becca is healing well," he informed me. His voice was cold and distant.

"How is Cade?" I asked. My voice came out hoarse from not talking so long. I sounded just as bad as I felt though I probably looked even worse.

"In a coma."

"What's a coma?" I asked carefully.

He let out a huff of air. "A fucking coma, Tessa. He's unconscious. No one knows how much damage the silver did to his body or brain."

I shook my head, feeling the familiar sting of tears. "I didn't do it, Christian."

"Becca told us everything. How she covered for you because she thought helping you would make Cade happy, how you brought the wolfsbane for Cedric, everything."

"Do you hear yourself? That's insane!"

"We don't know you. You came from the Order and you sure as hell wanted to go back. You refused to tell anyone anything about the Order. It makes sense that this was you."

"Why would I stab my mate when we were just starting to work things out?"

"Becca said you found out they slept together after you got here."

"I did find that out," I ground out. "But I found that out the night Cedric escaped. If I was going to fucking stab him, I would have done it that night."

He shook his head. "All I know is that my brother, my beta is barely alive and might not pull through and the only witness is pointing at you. Give me some proof you didn't do it."

"Like what?" I asked, throwing my hands up. "Do you honestly believe I could have overpowered Cade enough to stick a knife in his chest and stab Becca?"

He watched me carefully. "I don't know, Tessa."

"Christian, you know I didn't do this. You might not know me well, but you know me enough."

I could see his resolve weaken as doubt crept into his mind.

"Let me prove it. I'll go get Becca to confess she's lying."

He scoffed. "And how do you plan on doing that?"

"I'll act like I escaped."

"So you can just run? I don't think so."

"You're an alpha. I couldn't outrun you if I tried. Besides, I don't know my way around town. It would be pointless for me to run."

He thought for a moment. "Take my phone. Record the conversation with her."

I took the phone he handed me and looked at the blank screen. He showed me how to get to the recording section and handed it back to me. I had to get Becca to confess. If I didn't, I had no idea what would happen to me.