8

It's so much easier for me to communicate with you guys if you follow me and get the messages I post on my board. If you don't already follow me, please do so! That is where I post information about updates :)

I sat on a firm leather couch next to Hannah. Cade and the other high ranking wolves disappeared to talk strategy. I was mildly irritated. I didn't want Cade to assume I was some dense girl that didn't understand strategy. Their decision directly affected me and I wanted to be a part of that.

"So are you guys together now?" Hannah asked.

I shrugged. "Kind of, I guess. Depends on Becca."

"Why?"

"If she's pregnant I don't want to be involved."

"You would give up your mate over that?" Hannah asked pointedly.

"That's up to him. I wouldn't ask him to abandon his child, but he seems pretty set on being with her if she's pregnant."

Hannah rolled her eyes. "Can't I just punch her in the stomach?"

I laughed more out of shock than anything. "That's mean, Hannah."

"You know you want to," she muttered.

Couldn't deny that. I certainly did want to punch her whether she was pregnant or not.

"Do they always leave the women out here?" I asked.

"Usually."

"That doesn't bother you?"

"Why would it?" She asked as if I was the crazy one.

"Because this directly involves us. Their decision is going to impact us."

"Christian and Cade are my brothers. I trust whatever decision they make."

"Yeah, but don't you want to be involved in the process?"

"Not really. Do you?"

"Of course I do."

"Then go in there. I doubt they'll kick you out."

I wondered if they would kick me out. I hadn't been formally educated, but that didn't mean I was stupid. I wondered if Cade assumed I was an idiot. I didn't show him what I showed Christian, but he had to know just by talking to me that I wasn't the typical uneducated girl.

I stood to go back to the room they had locked themselves away in, but was quickly stopped by Becca.

"I don't want you slinking around my house."

I scoffed. "Are you seriously mad about this? I'm his mate. It's only natural that we're together."

"Well, I'm having your mate's child. Bet that stings a little," she smirked triumphantly.

I rolled my eyes. "You're not pregnant."

"Yes I am."

"You're desperate and it's unbecoming of you."

"He'll only ever see you as a slut. He told me about you. He said, and I quote, I could never love someone like that."

That cut a little deeper than I thought it would. Had I really expected anything less though? I knew what he thought about my past. He never apologized for voicing his thoughts either. I knew he didn't feel bad about telling me exactly what he thought of my behavior.

"That's my business, not yours."

"I'm guessing the second he fucks you everything will change. You'll see."