Epilogue 2

One year later:

I sat at my desk slaving over a paper for a class I didn't even want to take, but if I ever wanted to be a nurse, I had to get some of the ridiculous general education done too.

Living at the pack house had its perks. I was close to the hospital where I could log as many volunteer hours as I wanted. Cade stopped by every morning on his way to work and on his way home. I found a constant friend and workout partner in Olivia.

"Hey," Cade said as he pushed my bedroom door closed behind him.

He really was the perfect man. After a few months of him feeling like he had to prove his love for me, I finally got it through his head that he had nothing to prove. I knew he still felt guilty from time to time for how he treated me, but we rarely talked about it anymore.

"Hi," I said absently.

"Just talked to your father. They want us to come out after this semester."

"Oh yeah?" I asked.

"Haven't been in awhile. It might be good."

"You know he's just trying to sell me on ruling, right?"

"Yeah probably. Have you thought about it more?"

"I really don't think I'm the best person to rule an entire race, Cade. I would have no idea how to lead."

"You don't give yourself enough credit."

"I don't know why I can't just appoint someone to rule. I don't get why it has to be me."

"It's in your blood. I think you'd make an excellent queen."

I laughed and turned away from my laptop. "You think so?"

"You're a pretty smart woman," he teased.

I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms over my chest. "That doesn't make me a good leader."

"I'm just saying. If it's what you wanted to do, I think you'd be great."

I huffed my response and watched as he moved his hand around in his jacket pocket.

"I have something for you," he said.

He pulled a gold key out of his jacket pocket and handed it to me.

"What's this for?"

"Look, we've been together for a year. I want to move forward."

I lifted my eyes in question. "So are you asking me to move in with you?"

"Yeah, I am," he said with a smile.

I nodded. "But you and Christian live together."

"That key isn't to the apartment," he said.

"Then what's it to?" I asked, smiling as I played his game.

"It's to our house."

"Our house?"

"That project Christian and I've been working on with my dad," he nodded. "It's our house."

I didn't know what to say. I stared at him, dumbfounded. "You built us a house?"

"Well, it's mostly built. I figured you'd want some input."

I balked. "I can't believe you built us a house and kept it a secret!"

"Are you mad?" He asked with a teasing smile.

I stood up and pulled myself up to his lips by his leather jacket. Kissing Cade never got old. He knew exactly what I wanted and needed and never failed to deliver.

"I love you," I whispered.

"I love you too. Want to go see it?"

"What kind of question is that? Of course I want to go!"

He laughed. "Well, come on. I'll warn you. We still have about a month of work left on it."

"Where's it at anyway?"

"Couple miles from my parents' house. I thought you were going to figure it out and ruin the surprise."

I laughed. "Yeah, well, you building us a house is pretty low on my radar," I said as I put on my shoes.

He tossed his arm around my shoulders and kissed the top of my head as he led me out of the bedroom.

I glanced up at Cade, wondering how I got lucky enough to have such a perfect man in my life. We might have struggled at first, but now I couldn't be happier. I was with my mate; I had friends and family and I was building my own life for myself. I didn't depend on anyone for anything and that was the best feeling of all. I was with Cade because I wanted to be. We were a team and he treated me with the utmost care and respect. I couldn't have asked for a better beginning to my life.

Ask and you shall receive. I do hope this is a stronger ending for those that needed more Tessa and Cade in their lives!