Prologue

I couldn't believe it's been so long since they disappeared. 30 years ago, the Justice League were the defenders of truth and justice, stopping the most catastrophic of events from happening and battled the most evil of metahumans to help people strive towards a brighter future. They fought terrorist organizations, took on scores of bad guys from different dimensions and even braved their arch-rivals who made up the Legion of Doom.

30 years ago however, it was one fateful fight that led to the mysterious disappearance of all but a few members of both the league and the legion. Everybody worried if they would ever come back or what would happen to them now that their mightiest defenders were gone. Then came my father, the young Dr. Daniel Bromley, a geneticist who worked for S.T.A.R Labs in Metropolis. He had led a project known as "Project: New Justice", which would allow for a new breed of metahuman to be created from the hybridization of any metahuman DNA with the exception of those with robotic physiologies.

Thinking for this was sound, however it was Project: CADMUS' very own Amanda Waller who ordered the project scrapped on accounts that the hybridization process would make this new breed even more powerful and make the normal humans defenseless against them. Despite the project's benefitial impact it would have, it was shut down, however my father didn't give up. With the DNA samples taken from both Superman and Martian Manhunter, he had hybridized the DNA with his own. With that, he impregnanted my mother with it, along with an enzyme which kept the DNA from contaminating her body, but also gave her the ability to survive the procedure.

Sure enough, I, Hunter Vincent Bromley was born along with an unexpected twin sister named Jane. Mom and Dad raised us right and dad trained us in the art of controlling our powers. We had learned at an astonishing rate over the years, however it was by 19 that the unthinkable had happened. When my parents were on their way home one day, they were involved in a car accident with a semi truck. It was raining and they didn't see it coming, the Mini Cooper they were in was smashed beyond repair.

For 5 hours they remained on life support, however before dying, my father reminded me to "Never forget who I was and what I was made to do". After they died, my life and Jane's life were in total shambles. After attending their funeral, Jane and I went our separate ways and had not spoken with each other for the next 6 years.